Singapore Expats Forum

Any Black peoples here ?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
TexasBrown

Building the network

Postby TexasBrown » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 4:04 am

I'll be in Singapore in a few weeks from the States...the Lone Star State of Texas. Looking to build a network of friends ahead of time. Shoot me a message if anyone is out there to let me know the pros and cons of staying in Singapore...so far it's been a great place to visit.

Lynnhuang

Braids!

Postby Lynnhuang » Thu, 22 May 2008 1:31 am

I so want to braid my hair. The only shop I know of is the one at Far East which is really expensive. Anyone know how to or know of any good shop i can go to?

Joyful
Regular
Regular

Postby Joyful » Thu, 22 May 2008 2:40 pm

Hey y'all...

The Arena @ Clarke Quay has alot of black peeps there....

Anyways, we aren't really about color are we? :wink:

There's also a friday drinking session every week...do go for it and make some new friends....

Cheers, Abby
Guilty by Association....NICE!

bandung
Regular
Regular

im brown

Postby bandung » Thu, 22 May 2008 7:01 pm

hehe im dark brown but not entirely black :P do give me a email aman_aboobucker@yahoo.co.uk

would love to meet for drinks ....
Life is loud, ROCK IT!

peaches26

Hair Braiding, Cornrows Singapore

Postby peaches26 » Wed, 11 Jun 2008 8:06 pm

Resonable priced hair braiding is now available in Singapore. Contact me today for a price quote and appointment. Sms or call Kesha at 83479473

ladykk

I need ta get my hair braided asap!

Postby ladykk » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 1:24 am

Indigoazure wrote:I can braid your hair when I get to Singapore this year. hahahahaha I'm black, living in NY and planning to move to Singapore by June. I can't wait to meet folks and have a good time, make some independent movies, get my eat on, on a regular, and travel. hahahaha

I'd open up a soul food joint while I'm there but I wasn't paying attention while my mama was cookin. Shame on me. :)

If yall already in Singapore, contact me... well contact me even if you aren't. :)

Please send me a PM for my e-mail address. I removed my e-mail address from this post because I immediately started getting new Spam.

Cheers!

Heyyyyy! Do you still do cornrows or braids? Reply me asap!

ladykk

HELP!

Postby ladykk » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:30 pm

Indigoazure wrote:I can braid your hair when I get to Singapore this year. hahahahaha I'm black, living in NY and planning to move to Singapore by June. I can't wait to meet folks and have a good time, make some independent movies, get my eat on, on a regular, and travel. hahahaha

I'd open up a soul food joint while I'm there but I wasn't paying attention while my mama was cookin. Shame on me. :)

If yall already in Singapore, contact me... well contact me even if you aren't. :)

Please send me a PM for my e-mail address. I removed my e-mail address from this post because I immediately started getting new Spam.

Cheers!

Hey there! Do ya still do braiding! Hit me up asap!

ladykk

Re: Black females in Singapore

Postby ladykk » Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:31 pm

mini_belle wrote:Hiya,
Well I'm 21 and and a student from the UK I arrived in Singapore in September 2007 and now my hair is going crazy on me. Please does anyone know where I can get my hair braided in singapore? I'm on placement in singapore for a year and at this rate i'm gonna have ruined my hair if left to look after it myself! Guess my mum was right when she said I should learn to do my own hair!!

Please all help will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks xx

Hey! Just wondering, did you manage to get your hair braided if you did, where'd you go. I really need to find someone who can braid hair. Hit me up asap!

georginaleah

Postby georginaleah » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 4:41 am

hello all! i'm so glad i found this forum! i would really appreciate it if the nice people here could provide me with any contacts for hair-braiding. it seems that hair-braiding is some sort of novelty here which allows people to charge ridiculous prices. i will be pm-ing some of you individually as well and it would be so nice to find a nice hairdresser who would do my hair for me. please pm me as well if you have any contacts. i would love you so much =)

hamet

New in Singapore

Postby hamet » Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:39 pm

Hi there,

I just move to Sg a week ago and I am in serious need of a black barber :D
Can anyone help me please? you can also txt me on 8307 2279. Thanks a lot!

Hamet

Jestina

Hair Braiding, Cornrows, Hair Relaxing.

Postby Jestina » Wed, 04 Feb 2009 9:01 am

Call Florence 98579454

joliefemme536

Postby joliefemme536 » Wed, 10 Jun 2009 8:03 am

I see this thread is kinda old but here goes! I'm a black-american 28 yr old female relocating to Singapore in July of '09 from the US (Texas). Please keep me posted on the black hairstylists or places to get hair products for highly textured hair in Singapore. I was in Singapore in Feb and Mar of this year but sadly I didn't see any black people (black american that is).