Singapore Expats

GAY couple - dependent pass/LTVP??

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
User avatar
Posts: 9092
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:08 pm

The only gay coupe I know here use the "create company and employee yourself to get an work permit" route. Can you afford to do that?

User avatar
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:28 am
Location: Chocolate Factory

Re: Advice needed

Post by v4jr4 » Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:55 pm

MPL wrote:My partner is not any professional (graduated Form 5 under HK system) hence getting him an EP would be uber challenging. I am now considering applying a student visa for him but unsure of the probability of success and where to start.
Although the student route may give your partner a chance to stay in SG, the question is, does your partner have the prerequisites to become one? Honestly, I don't know what Form 5 means. Based on wiki, it's probably something like after O level or ITE level, but is the system still used after 2000?
"Budget Expat"

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MisterThan and 7 guests