Singapore Expats Forum

Vaporesse

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

iain_c

Vaporesse

Postby iain_c » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 12:53 pm

Does anyone know of a shop that sells Vaporesse?
(For folks from shores other than the UK this is a brand of scented, softened water for putting in steam irons to make your clothes smell nice.)

Does anyone have a home-brew alternative they'd care to share?

I'm sometimes too slow getting my clothes off the line in this weather and need something to perk them up after a drenching.

(I appreciate this isn't a very "bloke-ish" question so I do solemnly promise to go to a pub and talk about soccer for 1/2 hour if anyone thinks I should do a penance for it. :wink: )

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 1:15 pm

I guess a few drops of any aroma will do the trick, just choose one you like. Ylan Ylan is an aphrodisiac :lol: Only for night time wear, use lavender in the day. I would just test them all!

AndyD
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyD » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 3:11 pm

Bloke thread… For irons as a substitute to that stuff, I would use pre-boiled water – kind of semi distilled… You can pre-boil a few litres and store it in a container or sprayer – that will remove all the crud that clogs up your iron… And as KSL said for any lovely smellies test away – Brut for old skool… Jean-Paul WhatsHisFace for new skool…

Ahem… Ahem… I mean… Did you see the game last night… Who wants a Beer…

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 5:59 pm

bloke ironning tip - i use distilled water in my steam iron. same stuff you use in your car battery.

be careful of using aromatic oil as it might/will stain your clothes! for nice smelling clothes, use softener.

iain_c

Postby iain_c » Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks folks, seems likely no one's importing the stuff.

Sounds like a trip to the car accessory shop is in order then a bit of careful experimentation.

ksl, I've never heard of ylan ylan but I think I should acquaint myself with this substance!

Unfortunately I can actually remember the 'great smell of Brut', Henry Cooper and Barry Sheene. Can you still get it? :o

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 05 Nov 2009 3:10 pm

iain_c wrote:Thanks folks, seems likely no one's importing the stuff.

Sounds like a trip to the car accessory shop is in order then a bit of careful experimentation.

ksl, I've never heard of ylan ylan but I think I should acquaint myself with this substance!

Unfortunately I can actually remember the 'great smell of Brut', Henry Cooper and Barry Sheene. Can you still get it? :o

Special offer on perfume and aftershave in Novena velocity, I normally buy Aramis, but sold out, new stock on its way

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 05 Nov 2009 3:51 pm

iain_c wrote:Thanks folks, seems likely no one's importing the stuff.

ksl, I've never heard of ylang ylang but I think I should acquaint myself with this substance!

Ylan Ylan would be great for car scent, it's kind of a musk smell, quite strong, I have used the oil quite a lot in my younger days. If you are into a project on car scents that would be quite interesting, I have found the car scents not too hot after a couple of days. Try a search on ylang ylang, think i have spelt it correct. Actually i had not spelt it correct, however here it is.

Now that is one for the car market!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ylang-ylang

Anyone know about making electronics and boards, i have a very good idea not yet done to my knowledge.

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Postby xtasy010 » Thu, 05 Nov 2009 4:09 pm

You could try using scented starch spray

Return to “General Discussions”