Singapore Expats Forum

Help:: Wat products to bring in Singapore (on SVP)

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
beexee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Help:: Wat products to bring in Singapore (on SVP)

Postby beexee » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 5:39 pm

I m from Pakistan and coming to singapore in March/April 2010.. i want some help that wat kinda product i can bring in singapore and wat i can take back with me to pakistan so as to meet my expenses and living in singapore..
i will really b greatful for ur advice

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34266
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 5:55 pm

You can get most everything you will need at Mustapha's on Serangoon Road. Don't need to bring anything as Little India will more than cater for your needs. You can take back what ever you want but I don't know anything about Pakistan customs though.

beexee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby beexee » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 9:35 pm

Thanx bro for ur rply.. but i wanted to know of any product that i can sell in singapore..i.e shirts, bedding or any other products

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:10 pm

beexee wrote:Thanx bro for ur rply.. but i wanted to know of any product that i can sell in singapore..i.e shirts, bedding or any other products


You can't sell anything legally unless your foreign owned business starts a branch here. But that doesn't look like your plan.

And, you bring in a great big cardboard box of shirts, customs will probably want to know what you are up to.

beexee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby beexee » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:08 pm

when i visited dubai i got a bag of me full of "Rumals" the scarf arabs used.. and sold them to a shopkeeper... that covered all my expense which i inncured in dubai including travlling cost.. and its a common routine in dubai.. if such a thing can b done in singapore??

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:48 pm

beexee wrote:when i visited dubai i got a bag of me full of "Rumals" the scarf arabs used.. and sold them to a shopkeeper... that covered all my expense which i inncured in dubai including travlling cost.. and its a common routine in dubai.. if such a thing can b done in singapore??


Not legally I don't think. But you could probably fly under the radar if you want to take the risk.

beexee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby beexee » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 4:19 pm

i dont want to take risk... i would get a company registered in singapore and that company can import.. i mainly wanted to buy scraped electronic items from singapore and ship them to pakistan..
can i get my company registered before arriving in singapore ???
how many days will it take to get my company registered in singapore when i myself is in singapore??
and most important i m not planning to spend more than a month at a time in singapore.. should i go for empolyment pass or enter pass ???
i m really hoping to hear from u Strong eagle

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 4:38 pm

beexee wrote:i dont want to take risk... i would get a company registered in singapore and that company can import.. i mainly wanted to buy scraped electronic items from singapore and ship them to pakistan..
can i get my company registered before arriving in singapore ???
how many days will it take to get my company registered in singapore when i myself is in singapore??
and most important i m not planning to spend more than a month at a time in singapore.. should i go for empolyment pass or enter pass ???

:???:

Please go to the MOM site (or this site!), read and understand what they say about employment passes and EntrePass, and ask again when you have some sensible questions...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

beexee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby beexee » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 9:03 pm

Sorry Mr. jpatokal
:oops: to be more sensible and clear>> i wanted to export some products from singapore to Pakistan. if i get a company registered in singapore for this purpose...is it necessary for me to obtain employment or enter pass??? i will b coming to singapore every six month, purchase the goods got them in a container and ship to pakistan. my question is if i dont apply for employment/enter pass can i do my business by visiting singapore on short term social vist visa??

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3014
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Postby jpatokal » Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:31 am

beexee wrote:Sorry Mr. jpatokal
:oops: to be more sensible and clear>> i wanted to export some products from singapore to Pakistan. if i get a company registered in singapore for this purpose...is it necessary for me to obtain employment or enter pass??? i will b coming to singapore every six month, purchase the goods got them in a container and ship to pakistan. my question is if i dont apply for employment/enter pass can i do my business by visiting singapore on short term social vist visa??


As far as I know (this is totally not my field) you don't need a company to simply buy stuff in Singapore and ship it out. Depending on what you plan to ship, you may require export permits:

http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/ ... edures.htm
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest