Singapore Expats Forum

Aussie in Outram...

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Myrona

Aussie in Outram...

Postby Myrona » Sun, 01 Nov 2009 5:57 pm

Hi All,

I'm a 30yo female from Brisbane (originally from Adelaide/Melbourne) arrived in Singapore 2 weeks ago to work at SGH/NUH. Curious to know whether there are any other Aussies in the neighbourhood and/or if there are any good places to meet other locals/expats in the Outram area.

Cheers.

MattPW

Postby MattPW » Mon, 02 Nov 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Myrona, Im 33yr ex Brissy guy, been here for about a month now, honestly I havnt met many Aussies here much and the ones that I have are spread out all over the place, essentially I think the Aussie expat numbers just fell too low so they scattered. I mght be totally out of the loop though, me I just ended up in Woodlands miles from anywhere as it seemed all the same. If you would like to have lunch some time let me know.

Mindblowing

Hi

Postby Mindblowing » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 4:59 pm

Youc an try at clarke or any nice club. You can get locals and expats in tons there for friends. In singapore its not difficult to make friends but challanging to make GOOD friends. Anyways welcome to singapore.. Njoi your stay here..all the best...
No matter you miss the bulls eye, the other target rings also carries points.....

janetsing

Postby janetsing » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 9:29 pm

Hi,

i'm an aussie too (sydney) and have been here for 6 months. i dont live too far from you in river valley. if you would like to meet for a drink or something let me know.

localgal

Friends

Postby localgal » Mon, 09 Nov 2009 8:31 pm

Hi there,

I am a local and if u like to hang out, just let me know. If you are keen to cycle on this sunday(15/11/09). Let me know.

davo4040

Postby davo4040 » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 7:46 pm

Im an Aussie, been here for 3 months now and love it. PM me your up for a beer sometime or just wanna talk crap. I do both very well.

new

Postby new » Thu, 12 Nov 2009 8:14 pm

Would love to catch up!! Pls drop me an email at sing2009@hotmail.de ...

Am 29 F and just got here :-))

Myrona

Postby Myrona » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:35 am

Oooo - thanks for all the replies everyone... Life at work is a bit chaotic... I have no permanent home yet and being moved from building to building every couple of days is no fun... so once I get my act together, I should organise getting together with some of you.

Jase072

Postby Jase072 » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 2:03 pm

Hey, another Aussie here too....been here for a couple of years, moved up from Sydney, but my old job had crazy travel so I was never here :-(. Anytime all changed now so looking to get out more and meet more people

Am 37 in a 25yo's body :D

Cheers,
Jase.

new

Postby new » Sat, 14 Nov 2009 5:32 pm

@Myrona - look forward to the get together!!

@Jase, drop me a line at sing2009@hotmail.de if you d like to catch up, unfortunately can't pm you...

pooiyin
Regular
Regular

Hi

Postby pooiyin » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 5:37 pm

Hi,

I live walking distance to SGH, we can catch up for meal or a drink. Malaysian.

PY

Myrona

Postby Myrona » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:38 am

Hi All,

So I'm now permanetly based at SGH and will be here for quite awhile. Which means I'm up for a drink or a meal, for lunch or dinner. There aren't many tasty places at SGH to eat at during lunch so if anyone has a better option or is interested in exploring neighbouring eateries with me, give me a buzz. More the merrier.

Myrona.

mauvecloud
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mauvecloud » Thu, 03 Dec 2009 7:40 pm

it's a pity delifrance is (going to be) no more.

but take heart! it only took a foreign friend half a year to find kopitiam food tolerable. and she could eat nothing but delifrance during the first three months.

baojia123

Re : Live nearby at Cantonment

Postby baojia123 » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 3:09 pm

Hi Hi, I am local 35male live in Cantonment, just 5 minutes' walk from SGH. Email me if you want to explore dinner and drinking places, will be more than happy to share CenturionWarrior@gmail.com / mobile 90277025

Cheers!

davidy

Postby davidy » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 4:46 pm

I am an Aussie too (Chinese Australian) from Sydney. I have been here for a few years. Staying on River Valley towards Clark Quay side.

Pls PM me about your future gatherings.

Cheers