Singapore Expats

Maid Corresponding with Child Rapist in US - HELP!

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
SSBob

Post by SSBob » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:00 pm

KSL - I can appreciate your concern and compassion you have for these Children. AND I agree completely with your sentiments.

Please try not to forget the FACTS [That I have made sure are rock solid]

1. He was sentenced for his first crime for 4-20 years, days later 30-65 years.
2. In the US they serve one after another
3. Worst case he will be out in 34 years - if someone [fingerscrossed] does not get him first.
4. After checking this 'adoption' thing out he is just living the dream, as there is not a chance in hell that he could possibly adopt even a cat in a state correction institution
5. He is clearly unhinged

Now taking all that into account, he is playing games with peoples hopes and dreams, taking advantage of people [as he did when he stole the many childrens childhoods] and playing crazy game which at best someone falls for it, and they send him a picture? I am confident that this would not make it through the post department of the facility - based on the fact of what he is in the slammer for and it is ILLEGAL.

Personally - I can't even say what I would like to do to these people. Hence my orginal post and concern.

I can't imagine he is the only convict with a pen and paper playing these games with people looking to improve thier prospects. That is why they are in prison, and where they should stay.

If I was at liberty to write his name, you could also google it and it would to reassure you that he wont be going anywhere for a LONG LONG TIME- and based on the fact he is already mid30's I would say he is already in his resting place.

You are not the only person who feels VERY strongly abou these things.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:28 pm

Please try not to forget the FACTS [That I have made sure are rock solid]

1. He was sentenced for his first crime for 4-20 years, days later 30-65 years.
2. In the US they serve one after another
3. Worst case he will be out in 34 years - if someone [fingerscrossed] does not get him first.
4. After checking this 'adoption' thing out he is just living the dream, as there is not a chance in hell that he could possibly adopt even a cat in a state correction institution
5. He is clearly unhinged
This is only your opinion! People on the forum may have other opinions :-|

You are not the only one with a letter either, so maybe it wasn't even sent from the USA, maybe it was sent locally, through his own network of predators, with a USA stamp and a forged postmark :-| Anyway i'm off the subject, my reply was to help you. You have a hornets nest and you entered a public forum with it. So you have only yourself to thank!

SSBob

Post by SSBob » Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:21 pm

Oh KSL... .

So if he was so clever why did he use his correct name - and since his cronies here in sing dropped the letter through my box - then why would they use a 'Correction Facility' stamp if they were trying to avoid suspicion with such an elaborate hoax... or just nip out and get themselves the children themselves?

Lets just let this sleep eh? .... cos the Krays have just sent me an SMS
asking me to lend them my concrete wellington boot mould. I have to send a navel flare over the harbour to let them know I have left them under the conrad hotel.......or was that Millwall dock?! best I send the pigeon to confirm.

mondaymorningquarterback
Regular
Regular

Post by mondaymorningquarterback » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 5:27 pm

Err on the side of safety. Get rid of her ASAP!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 8:30 pm

mondaymorningquarterback wrote:Err on the side of safety. Get rid of her ASAP!
Now that's a bullshit recommendation! What has she done to deserve this treatment other than to be possibly gullible? Geezuz man, are you that self centered? I congratulate SSBob for trying to get to the bottom of the matter instead of taking the typically Singaporean way of blaming it on the maid and "getting rid of her". :mad:

SSBob

Post by SSBob » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:03 pm

Thank you Strong Eagle .... I won't be getting 'Rid' - she was mortified and very upset and was completely upfront and honest about everything. She has not shown any level of dishonesty in the past and I would not expect any in the future. I have made mistakes in the past just like any human and thankfully people did not get rid of me.

As I said in the beginning I like to treat people the way I would like to be treated myself.

As a precaution I will keep an eye out for anything, but not in a dishonest or snooping manner. She is very open about everything. But she is also entitled to her personal life.

She is a human.

It horrifies me how people treat maids like second class citizens here.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:48 pm

SSBob wrote:Thank you Strong Eagle .... I won't be getting 'Rid' - she was mortified and very upset and was completely upfront and honest about everything. She has not shown any level of dishonesty in the past and I would not expect any in the future. I have made mistakes in the past just like any human and thankfully people did not get rid of me.

As I said in the beginning I like to treat people the way I would like to be treated myself.

As a precaution I will keep an eye out for anything, but not in a dishonest or snooping manner. She is very open about everything. But she is also entitled to her personal life.

She is a human.

It horrifies me how people treat maids like second class citizens here.
Good luck!

SSBob

Post by SSBob » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:08 pm

Correct I am not married, but not single in that sense - I should have been more specific. My partner is commutes to HK. I also travel alot and work from home alot. My movements are unpredictable and certainly never predictable - as I often don't know one hour to the next.

I agree that no place is a 'safe place' but having worked and living the UK-London with similar domestic arrangements for 13+ years I am fully aware of the issues. Trust is an important thing to learn in life. Try it. My glass is always half full and on very few occasions in life it has fallen below that, but I view that as education, but it certainly has not destroyed my faith in man kind. When presented with the facts I make an educated decision. As I have done in this instance.

Domestic help in the UK is far worse as they are not 'owned' nor regulated by a govt body [might I add I totally disagree with the system for domestic help, but also recognise it provides opportunity for people to prosper where in thier own countries they may not] by anyone and certainly will not be deported for slight issues, in fact the govt in the UK will support them....

The incentives are certainly in place here for my maid who has excellent 7+ years of references from long term posts with families - of which I checked out prior to employment, not to comit any crime or jepordise, in my maids case, her childrens futures...

So KSL. This www.drinkingvinegar.com. does it also leave a bad taste in your mouth, whilst if you read what you preach on your website, your mind is trying to tell you it is good for you? hmmmmmm.

Much like your posts.

SSBob

Post by SSBob » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:18 pm

Well done KSL, clearly you do have few clues

- I woud have also deleted your rant about me being a 'vulnerable single white female with only a dog to keep tabs on the naughty maids' .....

But then I would never have even thought that in the first place, let alone written it.....

Best you nip down to the cellar and and unshackle the wife/domestic help, as it is time to a cup-of-tea.... then frisk them for stolen biccies ...

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:20 pm

SSBob wrote:Well done KSL, clearly you do have few clues

- I woud have also deleted your rant about me being a 'vulnerable single white female with only a dog to keep tabs on the naughty maids' .....

But then I would never have even thought that in the first place, let alone written it.....

Best you nip down to the cellar and and unshackle the wife/domestic help, as it is time to a cup-of-tea.... then frisk them for stolen biccies ...
And I thought all the trolls had moved on! :wink: One thing for sure, i was dead right not to give you any full apology!

SSBob

Post by SSBob » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:27 pm

snigger snigger snigger.The UN has a bigger job than they orginally thought.. pst. Ban Ki Moon - check out Lancashire..... gasp!

SSBob

Post by SSBob » Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:44 pm

:D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:12 am

SSBob wrote::D
I can now see why you are pretty upset over that post. So I will apologise for my post, though you never was quite clear, your background checked out to be a single woman, yet you are posting with a guys nick. SSBOB for god sake! And to post on that kind of subject! Yes i did get the wrong impression and i was genuinely concerned in the end, if you was a single woman alone.

So you have my full apologies! Goodnight!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Nov 2009 1:53 am

ksl wrote:
SSBob wrote:Well done KSL, clearly you do have few clues

And I thought all the trolls had moved on! :wink: One thing for sure, i was dead right not to give you any full apology!
And there, my fellow posters, is the primary problem with anonymous nicks on a public forum. Anybody can appear to be anyone they want to. ksl was right in the initial surmise that you were a single white female (and SE neglected to do what I always tend to due with newbies, check out all there posts to see if I can get a bit of a handle on the person. ksl obviously did the same thing. All one has to do is go to the posters profile page and click the link to "see all " " posts. Now, with that out of the way. Hopefully. There is something I'd like to interject......

It's been an ongoing thing in the US penal system to encourage penpals. They were doing this back before I came to Singapore in '82. I also know that writing to filipinas was a favourite passtime as it tended to give a sense of still being human (although some don't deserve those priviledges and rightly so). However, as far as I know, only those who had been considered dangerous (e.g., killers, bomber, terrorists, etc.) I am not aware that their letters were ever censored (only military prisoners that I know of). Yes, it's sad, because with good behaviour, they get priveledges and that's one of them. Even the sicko's can get that and as long as they don't let on, there's hardly a way a poor girl from overseas is gonna know. As far as being able to do something? There hasn't been any crime committed yet. Therefore, unless it falls under the new terrorists laws, I don't there there is much that can be done about it other that what has been done and that's warning the poor girl of what she was involved with.

Shall we say lesson learned? Or, do we just say that there is no way that someone in prison can be re-abilitated to be released back into society if they have been a "model" prisoner? (That the problem isn't it). Do we just lock 'em up and throw away the keys? Good debate on it's own (without even going near the capital punishment one!)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers