Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Landed PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your concern.

My LPR application is still pending and did not receive any more letter until now. Can i still believe for "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS"???

I will update with you guys again if i got final outcome from ICA.

AnshuB1

LPR time frame

Postby AnshuB1 » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:46 pm

Hi,

After almost 6 months i got response from ICA that my Application (LPR) is getting attention.

Do anyone know that how much time it takes (approx) once I receive such letter?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Apr 2011 1:22 pm

Yep. It takes from now until you receive the letter of rejection or acceptance. Every individual's application is different so there is no way you can figure out how long it will take. How long is a piece of string? :-|

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Mon, 02 May 2011 11:20 pm

Hi All,

I received third letter from ICA on Mid of April 2011. The letter stated that my application is still under consideration and will inform you of the outcome by post once it is finalized.

Third letter ICA officer name is different from previous two letters officer name.

I am assume that my application has been passed to different ICA officer.
Is there anyone got any ideas why my LPR application is taking too long? Any advise please!

Thank you.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Mon, 09 May 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

I just realized that ICA has been changed my LPR application to PR application after I got a job in Singapore since DEC 2009. My LPR application was applied on July 2009.

Now My PR application is still pending......almost 22 months.

Any advise please???

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 3:43 pm

Anyone out there still waiting for LPR or PR outcome since July 2009?

Please do not tell me I am the one waiting for LPR outcome for nearly 2 years.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 4:19 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Anyone out there still waiting for LPR or PR outcome since July 2009?

Please do not tell me I am the one waiting for LPR outcome for nearly 2 years.

How can you be applying for an LPR if you have a job in Singapore?

If you have acceptable professional or tertiary qualifications and are interested in relocating to Singapore but are not yet working in Singapore, you can apply for LPR under this scheme. Successful applicants have ONE (1) year to find a job or relocate their families to Singapore, upon which permanent residence will be granted.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Strong Eagle,

I applied LPR application on July 2009 at the time I was holding EPEC and 1 year stay in SG for job hunting. After that, I got a job and applied EP on DEC 2009. Now my EP is renewed until Jan 2014. All my family including mum-in-law to look after my daughter in Singapore.

Any comments please!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 4:45 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Hi Strong Eagle,

I applied LPR application on July 2009 at the time I was holding EPEC and 1 year stay in SG for job hunting. After that, I got a job and applied EP on DEC 2009. Now my EP is renewed until Jan 2014. All my family including mum-in-law to look after my daughter in Singapore.

Any comments please!

Do you mean you have a PEP? I've never heard of a standard EP being valid for 5 years.

If your LPR application has been converted into a PR application then I'd withdraw it, as you won't meet the criteria

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 4:56 pm

Yes, it is possible for an EP holder to get a long term EP. At least the application form allows you to apply for an EP up to 60 months. As he has a PR application (the landed PR application would no longer apply as he's already here and ICA has changed the LPR to straight PR so it was probably in the queue for LPR and after finding out he had gotten a job & and EP, they just converted it to a standard PR application and probably was put into the back of the new queue, hence the long wait.

But, yeah, for the record, there are 5 year EPs.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Wed, 08 Jun 2011 5:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yes, it is possible for an EP holder to get a long term EP. At least the application form allows you to apply for an EP up to 60 months. As he has a PR application (the landed PR application would no longer apply as he's already here and ICA has changed the LPR to straight PR so it was probably in the queue for LPR and after finding out he had gotten a job & and EP, they just converted it to a standard PR application and probably was put into the back of the new queue, hence the long wait.

But, yeah, for the record, there are 5 year EPs.

Thank you SMS, you are absolutely 100% correct! You really followed all my posts, didn't you?

Beginning of April 2011, I requested SMC to chase ICA for application outcome then couple of days later I got another letter from ICA saying that my application is still under consideration.
What should I do now? Any comments?

deshani

does it make sense for me to apply for Landed PR now?

Postby deshani » Sat, 11 Jun 2011 1:03 am

Hi,
It looks like it take around 6 to 9 months (the official response is 3 to 15 months) to get Landed PR. I am looking to move to Singapore in the next 3 to 4 months. The only attraction I have for the LPR is that it will provide both me and my wife the convinience to first land in Singapore and then look for a job.

From job postings it looks like being present in Singapore improves prospects of finding a job (please correct if wrong).

We are both Indian citizens living in the USA. We intend applying for LPR for me, the husband. Our thinking is that my software engg. qualifications have a better chance of getting LPR that my wife's HRD qualificaitons. Please correct us if this assumption is not right.

Do qualifications and experience make a difference in the speed of processing the LPR? I do not know if our qualificaitons are attractive enough to make us good candidates (I believe they do, but would greatly appreciate comment from seniors on this forum!!)

Is USA experience given more value than Indian experience?

We have most of the required documents for the process in order.

Here are our qualifications:
Mine:
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, 7+ years of it in the USA.
- Masters in Proj Mgmt (Pune Univ, India)
- Masters in Computer Science (Illinois Inst. of Tech., USA)
- Other certifications and qualification

My better half:
- 5+ years in HR,training, psychology, out of which upto 2 years is in the USA.
- M.A in Psychology (Pune Univ, India)
- M.Ed. in HRD (Univ of Minnesota, USA)
- Other certifications and qualification

Could admins / seniors on here please comment on our overall prospects and also answer the specific quesitons posted?

Thanks for all your help!

Regards,
Ani Deshpande
To know yet to think that one does not know is best; not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
Lao-Tzu

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Jun 2011 1:22 am

Okay,

Here's the brutal truth, unvarnished.

Yes, your credentials are sufficient to gain LPR. Provided which your degree is one listed on the MOM site.

Now for the bad part. Your odds of getting LPR, at this point in time, are virtually nil. Indian IT people were brought into Singapore in droves over the past 10 years since the turn of the millennium. This was to really jump-start Singapore's drive to turn into an IT hub. Unfortunately, in their haste to get the bestest, fastest, they were offering LPR and PR and Citizenship to virtually anybody who would qualify. Unfortunately, Indians have an extremely bad habit of "collecting" PR's from various countries, with the intentions of being anything BUT permanent, let along citizens. At the end of the day, the racial percentages here have changed somewhat, much to the chagrin of the majority race here, with the Indian resident community going from 7 to around 9% of the population.

This has resulted in a huge backlash against foreign worker/talent in general and Indians in particular as it would seem that they are also being the ones accused of driving up property prices of HDB resale flats beyond the pocketbooks of the ordinary citizens for whom the HDB was created for. As a result, the government took a major hit by the opposition in the recent general election earlier last month. MOM and ICA have put a virtual halt on issue of PR's and even renewals of EP's are being rejected in vast quantities as they have tightened up the criteria. Getting PR if you are an Indian, as the moment, is going to take an act of somebody on a much higher plane than us mortals. I'm afraid you might be in for a big disappointment.

But don't let me be the harbinger of bad news. Do some research yourself and see what I'm talking about. If you do decide to go for it, make sure you have thick skin.

sms

tinkar

Postby tinkar » Sun, 03 Jul 2011 11:13 pm

CIA_crypto wrote:Hi Everyone, recently i have made an enquiry to ICA directly regarding about LPR application. I received a phone call from ICA officer two days ago. The officer said your package application (Family LPR) is still in process. We can not promise the time frame for the outcome result. As soon as, we have a result will send it to SMC, and so on.

Anyone got any idea why the case is taking so long to process? Are there anyone same situation like me? Any advice will be kindly appreciated.

Crypto, How did you do enquriry via phone or email? SMC says ICA will never contact me directly but them instead. So, I will get informed by SMC about all the updates by ICA. But in your case it sounds like ICA is sending updates to you directly. Is that the case?

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Postby CIA_crypto » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Tinkar,

SMC is right. I did not receive any updated information from ICA directly. ICA will send updated letter to SMC first then SMC will send letter to your address.

By the way, when did you apply your LPR? Are you applying for individual or family?