Singapore Expats

Young Professional Looking for a good place to live

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Wuza

Young Professional Looking for a good place to live

Post by Wuza » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 1:37 pm

Hi all,

I am a young professional (23/m) relocating from the United States. I am hoping that someone might be able to suggest a nice place that I could live that will have other young people around, as well as lots of places to eat/drink closeby. I have a fairly generous budget so don't be too shy!

The places I have been looking are around the business district (01) and Orchard Road area/district (09). If anyone knows other parts of the city that have an active night life and people aroud my age I am open to suggestions.

I will be working at Singapore General Hospital as well as Marina Bay, so close proximity to those areas would be nice.

Thanks!

Search By

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vbelle » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 2:22 pm

UE Square?

its close to clarke quay..shouldnt be too far from the hospital..but maybe im wrong..

Wuza

Post by Wuza » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 3:24 pm

If you dont mind could you not abreviate? I am not sure what UE square is...thanks you.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 3:35 pm

Wuza wrote:If you dont mind could you not abreviate? I am not sure what UE square is...thanks you.
Try this resource... it's 'UE square' to everyone... it does mean something but who knows what?

http://www.streetdb.com/

Wuza

Post by Wuza » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 4:02 pm

haha ok thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 4:37 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Wuza wrote:If you dont mind could you not abreviate? I am not sure what UE square is...thanks you.
Try this resource... it's 'UE square' to everyone... it does mean something but who knows what?

http://www.streetdb.com/
It means United Engineers as they were the company who's building was formerly there for donkey's years. (Was there when I first came to Singers).

:cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vbelle » Wed, 28 Oct 2009 5:03 pm

looks so different sms..well..except for the color..

thanks for the pic!

Danflower

Re: Young Professional Looking for a good place to live

Post by Danflower » Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:50 pm

I used to stay in Killiney rd - love the chicken rice there - just few min taxi or around 15min walk (tried to walk once during NYear after a party and it was quite hard on high heels :( ). Since moving to grange road which is bit "greener", same distance to mrt but I can never walk to clark quay, and worse still have to go back to killiney often for chicken rice!
somerset and river valey area is best for clark quay, tiong bahru is best for Zouk, and Marina is best for St James Station :D

Wuza wrote:Hi all,

I am a young professional (23/m) relocating from the United States. I am hoping that someone might be able to suggest a nice place that I could live that will have other young people around, as well as lots of places to eat/drink closeby. I have a fairly generous budget so don't be too shy!

The places I have been looking are around the business district (01) and Orchard Road area/district (09). If anyone knows other parts of the city that have an active night life and people aroud my age I am open to suggestions.

I will be working at Singapore General Hospital as well as Marina Bay, so close proximity to those areas would be nice.

Thanks!

aussiePT

Post by aussiePT » Fri, 13 Nov 2009 4:05 pm

:D
Last edited by aussiePT on Wed, 02 Mar 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeannietanz

Post by jeannietanz » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 2:45 am

Hey, you might like to try 8 @ Mount Sophia (District 09).
It is next to the Dhoby Ghaut station and by 2010, the Circle Line will be in operation and it will only be 5 train stops away from National Stadium.
You will be most comfortable there as the residents are mainly expats - Americans, Europeans, Australians.
It is also located beside a few big shopping malls with amenities such as restaurants, cinema, supermarket (Carrefour).
Clarke Quay is also just a train stop away.
Do a search in Singapore Expats for some pictures of 8 @ Mount Sophia.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Nov 2009 6:53 am

:-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Miriean

Post by Miriean » Tue, 17 Nov 2009 8:12 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by Miriean on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wuza

still looking

Post by Wuza » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 9:39 am

I am still looking for a place. I just got accepted for my EP the other day and I will pick it up this week and hopefully find a place to stay within 1-2 weeks of now. I was thinking I would maybe like to have a young expat roommate but I dont really know where to look.

It would just be nice to have someone around to grab drinks and dinner with after work.