Singapore Expats Forum

Taxi Driver

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

guasidu

Taxi Driver

Postby guasidu » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 4:05 pm

a bad experience today, while taking a cab from GWC back home, myself and my 3 years old daughter was chatting like usual in the taxi abt her schooling today. Upon reaching, the taxi driver (local singaporean chinese) scolded both of us, saying we shouldn't chat in the taxi and talking in taxi irritates him. And he said I shown my daughter a bad example : passenger shouldn't talk when taking any public transport. I was stunned and not knowing how to react. So, I just pay him the fare and get out from the cab as quickly as I can. is that the rule on public transport in singapore?

nakatago

Re: Taxi Driver

Postby nakatago » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 4:11 pm

guasidu wrote:a bad experience today, while taking a cab from GWC back home, myself and my 3 years old daughter was chatting like usual in the taxi abt her schooling today. Upon reaching, the taxi driver (local singaporean chinese) scolded both of us, saying we shouldn't chat in the taxi and talking in taxi irritates him. And he said I shown my daughter a bad example : passenger shouldn't talk when taking any public transport. I was stunned and not knowing how to react. So, I just pay him the fare and get out from the cab as quickly as I can. is that the rule on public transport in singapore?

From taking the MRT's, buses and a few taxis, I can only assume "no."

Besides, aren't taxis like "for hire" cars? They're supposed to be more private/intimate than buses and trains so naturally, you can talk with people you're with without annoying OTHER passengers.

...unless of course you and your daughter were either very loud or have very annoying voices during your conversation which I assume you don't.

x9200

Re: Taxi Driver

Postby x9200 » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 5:46 pm

guasidu wrote:a bad experience today, while taking a cab from GWC back home, myself and my 3 years old daughter was chatting like usual in the taxi abt her schooling today. Upon reaching, the taxi driver (local singaporean chinese) scolded both of us, saying we shouldn't chat in the taxi and talking in taxi irritates him. And he said I shown my daughter a bad example : passenger shouldn't talk when taking any public transport. I was stunned and not knowing how to react. So, I just pay him the fare and get out from the cab as quickly as I can. is that the rule on public transport in singapore?

No, there is no such rule but arrogant, rude taxi drivers are here quite common. You may contact LTA and report the case. LTA is one of the most reliable and effective institutions in this country and they will check this out - may take some time though.

guasidu

Postby guasidu » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 8:23 pm

thanks for the information. at least is know i did not breach any rules here.

vink
Regular
Regular

Postby vink » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 9:31 pm

You can also try to call the customer service of the taxi company to complain.

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:25 pm

Complain Complain Complain.:x ...the common word i hear/read/see here. Poor cab guy , he might have had a bad day at work..just forgive & forget. What do you get out of complaining , the usual sorry from the company & if at all a disciplinary action against the cabbie.

Cabbie's here are far better when compared to other parts of the world.

Stay Happy.

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:35 pm

But creative complaining does get results! :D :D :D :D :D

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:13 pm

vink wrote:You can also try to call the customer service of the taxi company to complain.

Accckkkkk!!! Not worth complaining about some idiot.

But... worth growing a spine... you could have shut him down with his first complaint... maybe... "shut up and drive and stop listening to my conversation... you want I should report you to the thought police???"

See... you have an attitude that could use adjustment... you asked what you did wrong... instead of asking what the idiot taxi driver did wrong.

The difference between being in control and being controlled.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Tue, 27 Oct 2009 1:50 am

Yeah, poor guy with a bad day. And true, if you complain to the taxi company you will get nothing out of this. Also true It can be worse, no doubts about this. Especially if you tolerate some types of behaviour.