Singapore Expats


Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 1:47 pm


Post by dumuthi » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 1:55 pm

Im holding a dependent pass , my hubby is a doctor working in Singapore. I have a Bsc honors degree in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology... will I be able to get a job here in Singapore???

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11692
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 23 Oct 2009 2:51 pm

Yes. Legally you can work on a DP. The hiring company requests a letter of consent from MOM which is normally granted.

As for actually getting a job, that is another. The Singapore govt is dumping lots of money into research and start ups in pharma, water, biotech, and nano technology, so you have a relevant, if junior, degree.

I'd do a search for science center and biopolis in Singapore as a starting point in looking for jobs.

Post Reply

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests