Singapore Expats Forum

JOB OFFER

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

UKGUEST

JOB OFFER

Postby UKGUEST » Mon, 18 Oct 2004 8:13 pm

BEEN OFERED 12,000 SALARY P/MONTH, 4,500 HOUSE PER MONTH, SCHOOLS FOR 2 KIDS (40,000 PER YEAR), FULL MEDICAL CARE, CAR FULLY PAID ERP, FUEL, AND BONUS.

CAN I MY WIFE ANS 2 KIDS LIVE ON THIS?

THANX IN ADVANCE

Tarte

Postby Tarte » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 1:38 am

Definitely

E Word DUH Comes 2 Mind..

Postby E Word DUH Comes 2 Mind.. » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 4:31 am

Are you taking the piss???

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 9:40 am

E Word DUH Comes 2 Mind.. wrote:Are you taking the piss???

NO I AM NOT TAKING THE PISS. I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A DECENT PACKAGE TO MOVE MY FAMILY FOR. APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN VIEW IT IN THIS WAY AND COMMENT ACCORDINGLY.

Cap Lock

Postby Cap Lock » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:58 am

Next to the A key on your keyboard is a little button called "Caps Lock". If you press it, the font goes from BIG ANGRY SHOUTY LETTERS LIKE THIS to nice non-threatening lower case letters like this.

doodie

you angry chatter?

Postby doodie » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:08 am

Anonymous wrote:

NO I AM NOT TAKING THE PISS. I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A DECENT PACKAGE TO MOVE MY FAMILY FOR. APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN VIEW IT IN THIS WAY AND COMMENT ACCORDINGLY.

stop using ur caps, or no one will wanna answer your queries. we don't owe you an answer.

Eric from the Netherlands

JOB OFFER

Postby Eric from the Netherlands » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:25 am

Anonymous wrote:

Here's some assumptions, but I assume that anybody offered this very good package would be more than intelligent enough to know the marketrates and also that this is more than enough to support a family and live happily forever in Singapore.

If not, welcome to Singapore, be aware that most people here would not even have the 4.5K housing allowance you are offered as a gross salary.

Can't help asking you: Which planet are you from?

Eric

lala2

india?

Postby lala2 » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:27 am

I think he's from India, that's my guess...

Re: JOB OFFER

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 4:44 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Here's some assumptions, but I assume that anybody offered this very good package would be more than intelligent enough to know the marketrates and also that this is more than enough to support a family and live happily forever in Singapore.

If not, welcome to Singapore, be aware that most people here would not even have the 4.5K housing allowance you are offered as a gross salary.

Can't help asking you: Which planet are you from?

Eric

Thanks for the feedback, I am indeed from the UK which I guess is a different planet. Your points are noted with appreciation. This is my 1st overseas offfer and I am trying to determine living costs, etc to calculate finances. Any further feedback is also appreciated in advance.

Eric from the Netherlands

job offer

Postby Eric from the Netherlands » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 6:27 pm

Here's some information to roughly give you an idea of the costs of living here in Singapore.

Housing 4.5K Sing will give you the opportunity to rent a 3 or 4 bedroom condo appartment or even a penthouse anywhere in town (be it primary location around Orchard or anywehere else). Fully furnished and in excellent condition. (Of course there is allways more exclusive, cause you can still opt for the 20k penthouses around town if you feel like).

If you'd fancy driving a car around here, which is one of the more expensive things to do, you can get a lease car in the category of a Rover 75 (you're British after all :wink: ) for around 2k to 2.5k per month.

Clothings and fashion is about the costs you'd pay in uk (not high fashion in London of course), food is very cheap if you'd stick to the local asian food in hawkers, bit less expensive but very affordable if you'd dine out in local restaurants and can be expensive (same as in uk) if you go high class.

You can get a maid to help you doing the household for around 15 Singdollar per hour, or fulltime at home for couple of hundred sing per month.

For 12K you would really get yourself a very comfortable living around here, having not to worry about money, except if you'd spend all weekends in Ngee Ann city boutiques at Chanel, Cartier and stuff. But even then you'd survive if you would go to the hawkers for food afterwards :lol:

Serious, this is a "good old days" expat package, which are becoming hard to find these days.

Unless you are on CEO level, but then you wouldn't be hanging around here I guess :wink:

Enjoy life here

Eric

Re: job offer

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 7:32 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Here's some information to roughly give you an idea of the costs of living here in Singapore.

Housing 4.5K Sing will give you the opportunity to rent a 3 or 4 bedroom condo appartment or even a penthouse anywhere in town (be it primary location around Orchard or anywehere else). Fully furnished and in excellent condition. (Of course there is allways more exclusive, cause you can still opt for the 20k penthouses around town if you feel like).

If you'd fancy driving a car around here, which is one of the more expensive things to do, you can get a lease car in the category of a Rover 75 (you're British after all :wink: ) for around 2k to 2.5k per month.

Clothings and fashion is about the costs you'd pay in uk (not high fashion in London of course), food is very cheap if you'd stick to the local asian food in hawkers, bit less expensive but very affordable if you'd dine out in local restaurants and can be expensive (same as in uk) if you go high class.

You can get a maid to help you doing the household for around 15 Singdollar per hour, or fulltime at home for couple of hundred sing per month.

For 12K you would really get yourself a very comfortable living around here, having not to worry about money, except if you'd spend all weekends in Ngee Ann city boutiques at Chanel, Cartier and stuff. But even then you'd survive if you would go to the hawkers for food afterwards :lol:

Serious, this is a "good old days" expat package, which are becoming hard to find these days.

Unless you are on CEO level, but then you wouldn't be hanging around here I guess :wink:

Enjoy life here

Eric

Thanks for all your information, all points are noted with thanks. Only change is that I will have fully paid car(toyota picnic new and all fuel and erp?) which I guess will save me some money.

Appreciate the time you tookto provide this advice.