Singapore Expats Forum

I often wonder what's in the water . . .

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Vaucluse
Director
Director

I often wonder what's in the water . . .

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:08 am

. . . to make foreigners believe they have the right to act completely differently here than they would dare to in their country.

Is it because we are physically larger? Let's face it, if you're a 5'10 Aussie you're not going to stand out in Sydney or Melbourne . . . but here you'd be looking over people's heads . . . How about 6'2 or more . . .

The post by some big tough guy here recently that everyone has to walk on the left!!!!
Has to!!!
And the delight he gets when he doesn't move his ample frame and his near orgasmic titillation when he can push old people and women into the wall for daring to walk on the wrong side of a corridor or in the mall. Image
The verbal swagger is accompanied by revealing his size . . . 6'5, I believe was the vertigo-inducing number.

So, in effect, a true master of his world and conqueror of these pesky Asians, these diminutive weaklings who dare cross his path.

Mate, do that in the UK or Australia and you'd be laughing out of the other side of your face.

Then we have our lovely Australian female ambassador who feels so uncomfortable having a local near her while she devours for lunch what could feed Burkina Faso for a week . . . while placing her shopping bags on the other chairs . . . lest some indigenous heathen even try to approach her to share said table in a food court . . .

One can imagine the startled and frightened midget locals cowering in fear with this 300lb white behemoth glaring at them as though they were trying to take away her last thee slices of cake. Image

Now we have another absolute legend, let's just call him Dick, berating the mother of a child who had to relieve himself in a moment of emergency . . . in a gutter. A dweeb showing his masculinity!
One can just imagine the sheer exhilaration of this fine example of western omnipotence and sheer power as he towers over the woman, unleashing a testosterone-fuelled barrage at this peasant . . . this wretched toe-rag local . . . Surprisingly she didn't pee herself in sheer horror.

One can just see the happiness that this granite-like self-appointed master of public order must have felt as the child of this woman turned into a round-eye in fear because his mother was being verbally abused . . . Image

Ah, yes . . . hearts and minds . . . the only way to endear ourselves to the people of the country we are guests or visitors in.

I love being a 6'2 white guy living among these height-crippled, manner-less peasants.

Peace Out!

'nuff said Image

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:27 am

:)

people should start to accept the fact that they dont live in their own country which means it comes with all different habit and culture which..you gotta live with it..
you're the one who choose to come here:)

things isnt gonna be perfect..as if they are back home??

:D

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:37 am

Something similar:

1. Gaijin Smash
A technique used by foreigners, or gaijin, in Japan in order to impose their will on the japanese.

2. Gaijin Smash
To art of getting away with douchebaggery in Japan and being an ignorant obnoxious foreigner by simply pulling a gaijin smash on their Japanese asses when the shit hits the fan
"I was supposed to give up my priority seat on the train to that old bag but I totally gaijin smashed her ass and acted like I didn't know what the freak she was bitching at me about"

Context: http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher16.html

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:56 pm

Hmm . . . 55 views and no-one is biting . . . instead I have vbelle (always sweet and lovely) and nakatago agreeing with me.

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 1:05 pm

I'd say you've been sussed out already! :P

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 1:35 pm

Vaucluse wrote:instead I have vbelle (always sweet and lovely) and nakatago agreeing with me.

:)
sweet of you, Vaucluse..

Some entertainment will be good :D
perhaps from those who are mentioned on the post :D
shall we wait and see...

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 2:23 pm

I dislike the "holier than thou/I'm better than you and it's my moral obligation to correct you" attitude that pops up in locals but I'm an equal-opportunity racist...

I don't generalize but all caucasians are---

:P :D :cool:

Plus, it's only funny when a big, scary, black man*, Max Danger or Bill Murray** does it in Japan

*Gaijinsmash's Az's exact words when describing himself
** Only if Scarlett Johanssen's in there too

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nath21 » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 2:59 pm

Regarding not wanting people to sit next to people in hawker centres I often have gone to many empty tables and asked if I can sit down but unfortunately tissues cant anwser back and no one else is around so being polite I move on cursing under my breath how rude asian tissues can be.

Also there seems to be a lot of Singaporeans that think they drive cars and stand in parking spots. I can only assume they cannot afford a car yet dont want to be seen without one so they stand in parking spots so people will assume they can afford a car.

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 3:07 pm

Nath21 wrote: I move on cursing under my breath how rude asian tissues can be.

you might want to re-phrase that to Singaporean tissue....

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 4:14 pm

I'm just glad I wasn't part of his rant... :mrgreen:

Seriously, everyday I walk a fine line between, "it's OK, they just do things differently here" and What the hell?!?!" (babies on a dashboards, McDonald's to go drinks placed in yet another bag, the refusal to leave a coherent voicemail)...

What I find hilarious is that it's OK for me to rant about some dumb thing I saw, but when I hear some newbie freshman do it, I shut them down instantly. What a hypocrite :D

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 4:21 pm

I've pee'd in the gutter myself, even as an adult. Hell, i've even laid unconscious in one.......... or two, and probably one not too far from where you are currently living my friend V :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 4:28 pm

While stone cold sober? :o :lol:

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 4:33 pm

Nath21 wrote:Regarding not wanting people to sit next to people in hawker centres I often have gone to many empty tables and asked if I can sit down but unfortunately tissues cant anwser back and no one else is around so being polite I move on cursing under my breath how rude asian tissues can be.

Tissue on empty are fair game in my book and will just herd up the various packet in one corner. Mrs S's family used to cringe ever time I would do it, now they just send me in first to source a table

Also there seems to be a lot of Singaporeans that think they drive cars and stand in parking spots. I can only assume they cannot afford a car yet dont want to be seen without one so they stand in parking spots so people will assume they can afford a car.

Fair game again, it's empty space in my book so I just carry on reversing, they soon move.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 5:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:While stone cold sober? :o :lol:

I was when i woke up :cool:

My point was more along the lines that we cannot completely moan and complain about what others do, when we from time to time are equally guilty of being a knob/tool/dickwipe/snot or whatever.

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 5:27 pm

Glass houses and all that? That only goes so far. The judge on the bench is a sinner like the rest of us, but I for one am glad when he puts a rapist behind bars.