Singapore Expats Forum

english cocker spaniel

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

johns1276

english cocker spaniel

Postby johns1276 » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:11 am

Due to relocation free to good home English cocker spaniel, owned since puppy, 6 yrs old very affectionate....he even likes cats..cats not to keen on him....all injections etc....located in pasir ris area...john
js

johns1276

classified

Postby johns1276 » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:13 am

my appologies just realsied should be in classified perhaps...john
js

barney11

Re: classified

Postby barney11 » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:27 am

johns1276 wrote:my appologies just realsied should be in classified perhaps...john

Dear john, does your spaniel speak with an English accent? I would prefer received pronounciation.

Just kidding. Good luck with rehoming him.

johns1276

accent

Postby johns1276 » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:31 am

sadly im a geordie and he has a twang...lol...core language...springlish i think...lol...john
js

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:16 pm

I've been without dog since my companion of 14 years died of a stroke 5 years ago with her head in my lap. I don't like small dogs but cannot have a large one either due to HDB guidelines. The Cocker would be an ideal medium sized dog. I used to breed & show dogs while in my early 20's (Welsh Corgis - Cardigans) but we had a Cocker when I was a kid. I've only been bitten twice in my life by dogs. Both time by cockers, our own and a neighbours several years later. I'm a bit skittish with cockers and their known "Rage" syndrome. Weren't for that, I would consider it.

Also, this should should have been put in the Classified Section but you already know that.

sms

johns1276

hello

Postby johns1276 » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 2:23 pm

Hi oh well hoipe you can get dog you wish...ps in 6 years no evidence of rage syndrome..never heard that myself..oh well...good luck and thanks...john
js

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 3:14 pm

Rage syndrome is when a cocker turns around and literally bites the hand that feeds them for no apparent reason. They look kinda crazy and then they are back to normal as if nothing happened and trying to lick your wounds. For some reason cockers are occasionally afflicted with it more than most breeds. Nobody knows why. I'm sure it written up somewhere, but I was informed why I was probably bitten when I was around spaniel handlers during shows. I'll probably wait until I retire in 3 years and get a dog once I return to the farm and have the time to work with the dog.

johns1276

toffee

Postby johns1276 » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 3:25 pm

oh ...maybe you were unfortunate....as u say some dogs of all breeds may bite..all i can say is in 6yrs no problem and toffee is a good natured dog whom id trust implicitly....j

Taking the theme from another thread... would you trust him with keys to the place? :D
js

johns1276

keys..

Postby johns1276 » Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:31 am

keys to my place....errrrr...of course...well i think i would ...yes..i would...eeerrr...no i wouldnt.. :???:

john
js