Singapore Expats Forum

S$560?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Swede

S$560?

Postby Swede » Mon, 18 Oct 2004 5:22 pm

I've applied for a marketing bachelor in NTU, Singapore. What do you guys say about their estimated cost of living for a month?

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/OAD/International ... estions/#V

Do you guys think one could make it with a monthly budget of S$1000, assuming that I live on campus...?

Thankyou! / Swede

Well..

Postby Well.. » Tue, 19 Oct 2004 4:47 am

Hej Swede,

Depends on your lifestyle. Does that exclude your accomodation costs? If it does, then it's plenty, provided you are willing to eat local food at coffee shops/hawker Centres (Singapore's version of eatries) and not a heavy drinker. Alcohol in Singapore is pretty expensive, although I think it's the same in Sweden. Basically you are looking at around 4-5 Euros for a bottle of beer (depending where you drink). Public transport is relatively cheap and efficient in Singapore.

Don't fret, you will be able to afford a meal or so in restaurants (when you crave for something European) per week. Plus you will be able to travel around South-East Asia now and then with all the discount airlines that have popped up in recent months.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”