Singapore Expats Forum

FNDC: 16th October @ Cafe Iguana from 8:30pm

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
morton
Regular
Regular

FNDC: 16th October @ Cafe Iguana from 8:30pm

Postby morton » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:51 am

Well, here we are again, and here I am again - called out of FNDC organisational retirement this week due to our regular hosts having other commitments. (More important than FNDC?!? :o )

This week is a new one for FNDC - at least I can't recall it being held here at any time in the last two years. And, for those of you who know me, I will be breaking tradition by not holding it at an Irish pub! :shock:

That's right - this time we're going Mexican! :mrgreen: (<--- that's an Agave worm. A very round, green Agave worm)

Venue: Cafe Iguana http://www.cafeiguana.com/
Address: #01-03 Riverside Point
Singapore 058282

Ok, so it's at Clarke Quay, but on the other side of the river from where most of the bars/clubs are.

Coming by taxi? Get off at Clarke Quay taxi stand, walk straight through to the river (you can go around or through the fountain in the middle - up to you) and cross the foot bridge over the river. You'll see Cafe Iguana to the right as you're coming over the bridge, between a seafood restaurant and Brewerkz, I think. Or you can go to the Riverside Point taxi stand, head in to the river and turn left.

Coming by MRT? Clarke Quay is the nearest station. Head out to the river, turn left and keep walking past the footbridge.

This place can get quite crowded, and they don't do reservations so we'll play it by ear. If it's not wet we'll try to get some tables outside by the water, otherwise we'll try to get the big table inside. Ask at the bar for FNDC or give me a call on 81369224 if you can't find us.

As always, FNDC is a non-demoninational, non-discriminatory, non-this and non-that and blah, blah, blah. In other words, everyone is welcome to come and have a drink with us, newbies especially, regulars of course, old timers will be good to catch up.

Oh yeah - the food is pretty good there and happy hour lasts 'til 9pm and restarts at midnight. You can get a jug of Margarita for about $30 during happy hour so show up early and order a few jugs and we'll make them last 'til midnight :lol:
Last edited by morton on Thu, 15 Oct 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divers just love going deep and getting wet (not to mention all that rubber!)

AdiCtion
Regular
Regular

Postby AdiCtion » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:32 am

Hip Hip Hurray...welcome back from retirement mate... we all missed the Morton magic for some time ;) ....but damn ...may not be able to join you tmrw :mad:

Join our new facebook fan page :
FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club (Singapore) -
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singapore ... 069?ref=nf
Cheers!!

Adi ;)

dappa_snappa

Postby dappa_snappa » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 9:20 pm

Been a while since I have been to fndc, i think this will be a great place to revisit.

See you tomorrow! Rob