Singapore Expats

Employment Pass: How long to find a new job if lose old one?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
pacer0928

Employment Pass: How long to find a new job if lose old one?

Post by pacer0928 » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 6:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knew the regulations regarding how long foreigners are allowed to stay in Singapore looking for a new job in the case of a company they work for going under?

Thank you all very much.

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Employment Pass: How long to find a new job if lose old

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 6:07 pm

pacer0928 wrote:Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knew the regulations regarding how long foreigners are allowed to stay in Singapore looking for a new job in the case of a company they work for going under?

Thank you all very much.
30 days.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Post by econoMIC » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 6:10 pm

What will happen is that once your employment ceases you will change back from EP to normal social visit pass (what tourists usually get at the airport).

Apart from this you have two other possibilities to stay for longer term:

-Get a PEP (just use the search function in this forums and search for PEP or Personalized Employment Pass). Keep in mind that it is a one off only and will run out after six months of being unemployed

-Get a EPEC (Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) which then allows you to go to ICA and get a LTSVP from ICA which will last you one year. I am however not 100% sure whether you can get an EPEC while you are still working on EP and whether you would qualify for one given recent changes.
a.k.a. littlegreenman