Singapore Expats Forum

The Comedy Club is every 2nd Wed to Sat @ DXO Esplanade

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Ionyou

The Comedy Club is every 2nd Wed to Sat @ DXO Esplanade

Postby Ionyou » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:05 am

I hope this doesn't constitute an ad but having reviewed other posts in this forum (infommercials) I guess it's OK to tell you about The Comedy Club.
I'm an Aussie expat and my profession is comedy. Each weekday morning I try to push the boundaries on radio 91.3 (That's not very far by the way) Anyone who has read the tome by the Media Development Agency euphemistically referred to as 'guidelines' will wonder how comedy is even possible in Singapore media.
Well, to be honest, it virtually isn't. This is quite frustrating for someone who likes to be funny AND tell it like it is.
But thank goodness each month I get to work with top international comics performing standup comedy on the edge (where it belongs).
It's also refreshing to hear English spoken the way it is in the word-critical art of Standup Comedy- whether the comics be Australasian, British or North American- it's something we sorely miss here.
We try to include Asian comics too because it's nice to get Asian perspectives. Laughter is universal and you learn a lot about people by discovering what they find funny.
I'd like to extend an invitation to members of Singapore Expats to check out the shows. Just mention this forum when you book and get $10 off your ticket price.
BTW this is the only site I'm making this offer on cos I've always found it very helpful and entertaining.
The offer is open for the October and November 2009 seasons.

Hope to see you there. Love and Laughs, Jonathan Atherton

Log on to the website for the lowdown:

:D :D http://www.thecomedyclub.asia

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 7:22 am

Please post in the classified section in the future - Thanks, Baf.
Be Like Water