Singapore Expats

Car leasing

Discuss about car leasing and rental in Singapore.
Frederique

Car leasing

Post by Frederique » Sun, 11 Oct 2009 10:36 pm

Hi,

I need to rent/lease a car, long term contract. i'm struggling to find a good deal.
Is anyone have a good trick ?
I know ad is not welcome here, so if ever send me a MP.

Frederique

barbaraus

Car leasing

Post by barbaraus » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:15 am

Wondering if you got any replies? I'm not having much luck finding info about car leasing in Singapore. Seems all the websites are about buying/selling or short-term rentals..

x9200

Re: Car leasing

Post by x9200 » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 7:43 am

barbaraus wrote:Wondering if you got any replies? I'm not having much luck finding info about car leasing in Singapore. Seems all the websites are about buying/selling or short-term rentals..
Not sure if I understand....

You do this:
http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&s ... +singapore

and have no hits on long term rental/lease option?

irvine
Chatter
Chatter

Post by irvine » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:08 pm

Hey we've rented from Evergreen rent-a-car. They're out at Ang Mo Kio, their deals are ok and the car we got was good. You could google for their website and number. The guy we rented with was Andrew.

zalis

car leasing

Post by zalis » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 12:22 am

we leased our car to expat thru agent.
there are some damages on the exterior on which the contract said to be offset fm the deposit. the problem now that the expat want full refund and threaten to run off with the car. Due to our quick action,we manage to getaway with the car. He threatend that he to lodge police report & get his lawyer to sue against us.
we have yet repair the damage and the original car key is wz him.
our agent told us to go ahead with the repair using the deposit which they are holding and the balance amount later pass to the expat.

Can we lodge police report against this expat on his threatened via sms and his refusal to return the original car key and want full refund.

need to hear yr advise.

x9200

Re: car leasing

Post by x9200 » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 7:57 am

zalis wrote:we leased our car to expat thru agent.
there are some damages on the exterior on which the contract said to be offset fm the deposit. the problem now that the expat want full refund and threaten to run off with the car. Due to our quick action,we manage to getaway with the car. He threatend that he to lodge police report & get his lawyer to sue against us.
our agent told us to go ahead with the repair using the deposit which they are holding and the balance amount later pass to the expat.

Can we lodge police report against this expat on his threatened via sms and his refusal to return the original car key and want full refund.

You mean to report him to the police that he threatened to report you to the police and later sue you? Sure you can. You have the right to do it same as he has to report you and inform you about his intentions. They will probably look at you as at an idiot, but you can do it.
As for the keys, if the lease period is not over and he was not in breach of the contract he has full right to have the keys and you have no right to have the car.

need to hear yr advise.
As usual it all depends what is in the contract (surprise!). If again the lease period was not yet over or/and the expat was generally allowed to fix such damages (get them repaired) before returning you the car then you may be in trouble.

zalis

Post by zalis » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 1:55 pm

[quote="x9200"][quote="zalis"]we leased our car to expat thru agent.

[color=blue]You mean to report him to the police that he threatened to report you to the police and later sue you? Sure you can. You have the right to do it same as he has to report you and inform you about his intentions. They will probably look at you as at an idiot, but you can do it.
As for the keys, if the lease period is not over and he was not in breach of the contract he has full right to have the keys and you have no right to have the car. [/color]

need to hear yr advise.[/quote]
As usual it all depends what is in the contract (surprise!). If again the lease period was not yet over or/and the expat was generally allowed to fix such damages (get them repaired) before returning you the car then you may be in trouble.[/quote]

the contract clearly indicated that full refund unless if any damages to the exterior or interior of car which the deposit will be used to repair the damages upon end of the contract which was 30 june. my agent already told him that it is in the contract but he provoked that he being cheated and he will make police report.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 2:09 pm

zalis wrote:the contract clearly indicated that full refund unless if any damages to the exterior or interior of car which the deposit will be used to repair the damages upon end of the contract which was 30 june.
One does not exclude possibility and validity of the other. I asked whether the contract allowed some repairs and when did you take the car, you responded with the termination date of the contract and information that the deposit can be used to cover the repairs at the end of the contract. You see no difference or you do not understand what I am talking about?

zalis

Post by zalis » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 2:39 pm

x9200 wrote:
zalis wrote:the contract clearly indicated that full refund unless if any damages to the exterior or interior of car which the deposit will be used to repair the damages upon end of the contract which was 30 june.
One does not exclude possibility and validity of the other. I asked whether the contract allowed some repairs and when did you take the car, you responded with the termination date of the contract and information that the deposit can be used to cover the repairs at the end of the contract. You see no difference or you do not understand what I am talking about?
took the car 30jun which the contract ended and we spotted the damages.
informed the agent which later was told by the expat want full deposit and do not want bear those damages.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 8:45 am

zalis wrote:took the car 30jun which the contract ended and we spotted the damages.
informed the agent which later was told by the expat want full deposit and do not want bear those damages.
How could he run off with the car if you took the car and only then spotted the damage? Makes no sense.

Anyway, if this is the case as you describe above then probably it is not that bad. The only tricky part is whether you documented the damages. The expat may claim you did the damage. Can you prove he did it?