Singapore Expats

Mobile Phone Service Recommendations for US

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Mobile Phone Service Recommendations for US

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 11 Oct 2009 4:53 pm

Looks like I am going to be traveling to the US. Taking my new iPhone, naturally. Any idea what is going to be the best way to be in several cities and still have 3G service?

I'm thinking a prepaid SIM but if I buy one in San Francisco am I now up the creek with respect to roaming charges if I go to New Jersey?

It has been a long time since I've needed cross country service in the US... options and pointers appreciated.

Cheers.

econoMIC
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Mobile Phone Service Recommendations for US

Post by econoMIC » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:01 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Looks like I am going to be traveling to the US. Taking my new iPhone, naturally. Any idea what is going to be the best way to be in several cities and still have 3G service?

I'm thinking a prepaid SIM but if I buy one in San Francisco am I now up the creek with respect to roaming charges if I go to New Jersey?

It has been a long time since I've needed cross country service in the US... options and pointers appreciated.

Cheers.
If you get a t-mobile sim you should not be paying roaming charges in New Jersey (unless you are VERY ulu where there is no t-mobile).
a.k.a. littlegreenman