Singapore Expats

bicycle stands at MRT stations

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
aargon
Chatter
Chatter

bicycle stands at MRT stations

Post by aargon » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 6:32 am

Hi

Question please.

Do MRT stations have bicycle stands for those who would rather bike to the station rather than walk?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 7:18 am

Yeah some of the do, but when you get back all that will be left is the frame unless you take serious cableing with you and remove everything that can be removed every day. (even shifting mechanisms).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by aargon » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 7:45 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah some of the do, but when you get back all that will be left is the frame unless you take serious cableing with you and remove everything that can be removed every day. (even shifting mechanisms).
hmmm... not sure whether to interpret this as a joke or you being serious?

:???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 9:08 am

Have a walk around the clementi mrt station and some of the others that have bicycle parking areas to see what I mean. It's not a joke. If you want safety, buy a used 50 buck bike so you won't be too upset. You would have a crap if you bought a $1500 Trek and came back to find only the frame & rear tire/wheel left wouldn't you.

In Singapore "Low Crime does not mean NO crime!" Give anybody enough temptation and you will lose in the end.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by aargon » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 9:50 am

Actually to be honest, the bike i am using in Japan is one that if someone stole it, it would probably be doing me a service.

I`d have to pay more than its current value just to get ride of it here. So maybe i can turn this to my advantage.... \:D/