Singapore Expats Forum

Obama Wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:32 am

Bafana wrote:In the devloping world he is already a legend and in the developed world he is hope for the future.

Hook, line & sinker! The word is infamous not legend. Just the rest of the world hasn't realized it yet.

Once he gets his way, the US will have lost World Currency Reserve status and then, without any controls costs will go up astronomically and people all over the world will freeze to death in higher number than every before, among other things. Unfortunately, with the world sucking up the hype, when they realize the error of their ways, the damage will be done and chaos will reign.

I hope I'm wrong, but the murmurings are already going around. I tend to not read the US MSM as they have all be sucked into it already so you only read what Obama wants you to read.

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Superglide wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:And to think, I used to give the Swedes credit for intelligent thought. Alfred is probably spinning in his grave wishing he could shove one of his sticks of dynamite up the committee's collective butt.

The Nobel Prize comittee is Norwegian.

Not sure, why you blame the Swedish for this act?

Do you have any idea how long I have waited for this :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:27 pm

If you are going to quote me, then at least put the text that you are quoting. You have my name at the top but not my message. In you haste you've made yourself look somewhat foolish. Want to go back and edit it. As it is now, lt looks like you are talking to Superglide as his comment is the last comment. O:) I don't mind your getting you jollies off but at least get it right. :lol:

Best part is I had to provide you with the photo as well as the opportunity. You're easy. :lol:

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby blue_thunder » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:41 pm

What an irony ?

A country which waged war against 2 countries in the last decade gets Nobel for Peace !!

A country which caused the global economic crisis gets the Nobel for Economics!!!

Alfred Nobel would have killed himself by hearing this news [-X
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:57 am

blue_thunder wrote:What an irony ?

A country which waged war against 2 countries in the last decade gets Nobel for Peace !!

A country which caused the global economic crisis gets the Nobel for Economics!!!

Alfred Nobel would have killed himself by hearing this news [-X

You may have misunderstood . . . the US is not the recipient of this prize and I doubt that Obama had much to do with starting any wars . . . yet.

Here's a little excerpt of past winners:

MOHAMED ELBARADEI for their efforts to prevent nuclear energy from being used for military purposes and to ensure that nuclear energy for peaceful purposes is used in the safest possible way.
(Umm, did he succeed?)

JIMMY CARTER JR., former President of the United States of America,

for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development
(Umm, did he succeed?

CARLOS FELIPE XIMENES BELO and JOSE RAMOS-HORTA for their work towards a just and peaceful solution to the conflict in East Timor.
(Um, did they succeed?)

YASSER ARAFAT , Chairman of the Executive Committee of the PLO, President of the Palestinian National Authority.

SHIMON PERES , Foreign Minister of Israel.

YITZHAK RABIN , Prime Minister of Israel.

for their efforts to create peace in the Middle East.
(Umm, did they succeed?)

INTERNATIONAL PHYSICIANS FOR THE PREVENTION OF NUCLEAR WAR Boston, MA, U.S.A.
(Umm, a joke, right?)

The biggest joke (though it was for brokering peace with Vietnam):

HENRY A. KISSINGER , Secretary of State, State Department, Washington.

THE FRIENDS SERVICE COUNCIL (The Quakers), London. Founded in 1647.

THE AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICE COMMITTEE (The Quakers), Washington. The society's first official meeting was held in 1672.
Huh?????

BUREAU INTERNATIONAL PERMANENT DE LA PAIX (PERMANENT INTERNATIONAL PEACE BUREAU) , Bern.
Hehehehe, yes, well we all live in peace . . .

The point is that the prize is not necessarily for issues solved or achieved, it is for the effort and potential and paving the way for something to be achieved.

I sadly believe that this is more of a poison chalice for Obama . . . too many expectations.

Any bets for Time Man of the Year?

'nuff said Image

rattlesnake
Regular
Regular

Postby rattlesnake » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are going to quote me, then at least put the text that you are quoting. You have my name at the top but not my message. In you haste you've made yourself look somewhat foolish. Want to go back and edit it. As it is now, lt looks like you are talking to Superglide as his comment is the last comment. O:) I don't mind your getting you jollies off but at least get it right. :lol:

Best part is I had to provide you with the photo as well as the opportunity. You're easy. :lol:

Mate - I am having a laugh. Don't take it to heart. It is more veiled a reference to how many times you have nabbed me. Read what I said again - the last line. This should say more about me than you but take it anyway you want. If you want to attack me for it, that's ok.

:)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:54 pm

I know what it was about. And with all my smiling smilies you should have known I wasn't attacking you. Just needling cause you took my pic as well! :P :wink:

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 1:15 pm

For goodness' sake, get a room, you two and make up; Image

(hehehehe)

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 1:24 pm

I was just trying on my V. Suit! :P

AndyD
Regular
Regular

Postby AndyD » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 4:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are going to quote me...

Don’t you love internet forums :lol: , you can really attack someone [-X , let it come from the heart and type before you think :mad: , tell them how you think they are a pr*ck :P , and you have never liked them :x , then add a Smiley at the end :twisted: , splice a few extra in the sentence to cover it all up :wink: , and all is then back to happy strained smiles through gritted teeth again… :-|

I love it :love:

:D :D :D

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 4:44 pm

AndyD wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are going to quote me...

Don’t you love internet forums :lol: , you can really attack someone [-X , let it come from the heart and type before you think :mad: , tell them how you think they are a pr*ck :P , and you have never liked them :x , then add a Smiley at the end :twisted: , splice a few extra in the sentence to cover it all up :wink: , and all is then back to happy strained smiles through gritted teeth again… :-|

I love it :love:

:D :D :D

Prat Image

'nuff said Image

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Sun, 18 Oct 2009 4:42 am

Bafana wrote:In the devloping world he is already a legend and in the developed world he is hope for the future.

Hook, line & sinker! The word is infamous not legend. Just the rest of the world hasn't realized it yet.

Very cynical lah. Perhaps your sink line has hooked already and mine is tangle free? In anycase time will tell and I for one hope you are wrong as it will be a great shame.

BTW Anyone been watching Fox lately. Found them OK if a little biased during the last election but now they seem to be hunting Obama and what's with the Evangelical Style presenter (not Hannity) who has his on show that craps all over illegal immigrants who cries all the time and wants to take back America??
Be Like Water

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 18 Oct 2009 1:44 pm

Bafana wrote:
BTW Anyone been watching Fox lately. Found them OK if a little biased during the last election but now they seem to be hunting Obama and what's with the Evangelical Style presenter (not Hannity) who has his on show that craps all over illegal immigrants who cries all the time and wants to take back America??

Lately? You're kidding, right? Kind of like Pol Pot being just that bit naughty . ..

Glen Beck . . . brilliant stuff. The American Dream

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Oct 2009 1:48 pm

Bafana wrote:

Very cynical lah. Perhaps your sink line has hooked already and mine is tangle free? In anycase time will tell and I for one hope you are wrong as it will be a great shame.

Fox is not a "news" network, It's an entertainment show about current events. They don't read the news during the evenings but instead have it in for anybody who they feel is giving the American Public a raw deal. They go after repugnicians and well as the socialcrats.

As you were quoting from my post, you forgot my last paragraph so I've added it below. And I say again, I do hope I'm wrong because if I'm right, American will not longer be the country I grew up with. If he's got it wrong, I've wasted my entire life as I'll not have any retirement home left by the time he gets finished. I'll have no choice but the give up my citizenship and take up citizenship here. Once he takes it all away from those who busted their balls to get it, just so he can redistribute the wealth, it make a farce of the old saw "You have to make hay while the sun shines" cause if you are not careful, now, the bogeyman will take it all away from you in the night and use it to pay his czars. Strange turn of phrase that one. The 1950-1960 specter of Russia is now in the White House complete with "CZARS". Yeah, I hope I'm wrong. My life depends on it.

Oh, the nut case you are talking about is Glenn Beck. Unfortunately, he's so 'bad', that 'O' is now paying attention to him as well since 'O' couldn't get Fox off the air. I like the exposure of ACORN in particular, seeing that 'O' has been in bed with them for as long as anybody can remember. It's entertainment but with a punch and also tends to make you think.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but the murmurings are already going around. I tend to not read the US MSM as they have all be sucked into it already so you only read what Obama wants you to read.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 18 Oct 2009 4:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Fox is not a "news" network, It's an entertainment show about current events. They don't read the news during the evenings but instead have it in for anybody who they feel is giving the American Public a raw deal. They go after repugnicians and well as the socialcrats.

He is a legend . . . Image . . . in his own hand.

I would agree with you to the extent that FAUX News is not a news network, rather a bullhorn for the conservative right, bordering on the loony right . . . and Beck has become the foghorn of this bullhorn . . .

Hannity and O'Reilly were the front-men of this network until Beck came along . . . and he even makes the terrible two shake their heads.

While also attacking the republicans the network is undoubtedly rabidly anti anything left of far right.

Found them OK if a little biased during the last election

:lol: Can't help but laugh . . . a little biased . . .

'nuff said Image