Singapore Expats

Brita water filter for jug? Where can I but it? Please help!

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
polarkitten

Brita water filter for jug? Where can I but it? Please help!

Post by polarkitten » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:06 am

Hi all,

I've recently moved here, and I need to locate some new filters for my Brita water filter that I brought from home (Oz).

Does ANYONE know where I can buy them here please?

I know the water here is ok to drink, but I have a young baby, so prefer to filter and boil it. I don't like having to trek to the supermarket all the time for bottles of water either.

Thanks so much!

Emma :D

northernbeachesgirl

Post by northernbeachesgirl » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 2:02 pm

Hi, Tangs Department Store on Orchard Road next to Marriott Hotel sells Britat. Jugs and replacement filters are expensive here and so I bought another local brand at Tangs - Hyflux - cheaper to buy the new jug and filters rather than buying new filters for Britta.
All the best.

polarkitten

Post by polarkitten » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks northernbeachesgirl! I'm guessing from your name that you're from Sydney.

Much appreciated with the info. I'll go get a new one that I can readily find new filters for.

Emma :)

triasbalitravel

Brita Water Jugs

Post by triasbalitravel » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:44 pm

You can buy Brita at Homefix. At Tangs they have the Panasonic brand but the refills cost much more at S$75. I couldn't see any Brita's there but you can ask them.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: Brita water filter for jug? Where can I but it? Please h

Post by QRM » Fri, 16 Oct 2009 1:01 pm

polarkitten wrote: I don't like having to trek to the supermarket all the time for bottles of water either.

Thanks so much!

Emma :D
You can buy all the dull heavy stuff like water, milk powder, liquid soaps online through fairprice, they will deliver it all.

polarkitten

FOUND!

Post by polarkitten » Tue, 25 May 2010 2:24 pm

Hi all,

In case anyone is still looking, Takashimaya sell a refill pack of filters (3) for $36 for the maxtra ones.

Not too bad, and definitely cheaper than the local brands, which are very excy.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Thu, 06 Jan 2011 2:27 pm

As previously mentioned, Homefix next to most cold storage/in most malls sell them. Easy.

toorak_girl

Re: Brita water filter for jug? Where can I but it? Please help!

Post by toorak_girl » Fri, 30 Sep 2016 1:53 pm

Homefix next to most cold storage/in most malls sell them
If anyone's still looking, thought I'd provide an update. Went to Homefix, now they only sell the old classic filter for older jugs.

But I managed to find the current Maxtra cartridges next door at Tangs, at the basement level, where I've been buying mine.

Recently I found the local distributor online and ordered a 6-pack with free delivery ( http://www.allergy.com.sg/brita-filters/ ). Saves a trip.