Singapore Expats Forum

Life's a beach in Oz!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Life's a beach in Oz!

Postby ozchick » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 5:56 pm

Dreaming of a great beach holiday?!
Look at this and dream on!
(Think I should get back home and see the ones I've missed!)

http://getaway.ninemsn.com.au/fsaustral ... st-beaches
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 6:05 pm

missing sydney's beaches...and apparently more beautiful beaches in other places :D

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 8:23 pm

vbelle wrote:missing sydney's beaches...and apparently more beautiful beaches in other places :D

I've never been to Bondi yet I've been to Sydney. I'm sure it's worth the effort. The only beaches I've been to from that film-clip are Whitehaven up north, St Kilda in Melbourne and Bells in Victoria. Whitehaven is gorgeous but one can't stay there, no cafe no anything there, unless it's changed since I was there 12 years ago....
What about Cable Beach- have heard good things about that but it's not mentioned there...
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:49 pm

Cable Beach is good if you don't mind the camel caravans and nudists on the right side of the rock outcrop at the resort there. It's great if you've got the body for it or the cojones if'n you don't!! Great for gettin' an overall tan! :P

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nath21 » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 8:34 am

Hymes beach at Jervis Bay has the whitest sand in the world I used to vacation there every year in my youth. The whole area is beautiful and not as built up as other areas along the caost. Dolphins regularly vist and because its in a nature reserve the wildlife is abundant. I grew up surfing in Victoria and I can tell you bells is a dump to go visit unless you surf there. Its technically not much aof a beach just got a decent rocky point break, southern NSW along th coast road there are heaps of great beaches. My parents are now located in Noosa and the water is warm but the beaches are pretty boring. Its more interesting heading up the river there. I woudlnt rate st.kilda or bondi beach up there with the best maybe the best known but far from the best. Just because a place has cafe's does that make it a great beach?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:31 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Cable Beach is good if you don't mind the camel caravans and nudists on the right side of the rock outcrop at the resort there. It's great if you've got the body for it or the cojones if'n you don't!! Great for gettin' an overall tan! :P

The importance is not your own sculpted body . . . the importance is how flawless the others are.

Bondi is ok, I used to live in Coogee . . . much nicer beach.

'nuff said Image

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 10:50 am

Vaucluse wrote:
Bondi is ok, I used to live in Coogee . . . much nicer beach.

visit Coogee the most when i was in Sydney..

hate talking about Syd..makes me want to go back there :)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:19 pm

Nothing to stop you from going back, vbelle . . . either for studying or looking for employment opps. :)

We have a little week-ender down south of Sydney, Jervis Bay . . . the area truthfully boasts the whitest sand beaches in the world (!!!) and loads of other stuff.

Walk down to the beach in the national park and have all sorts of beautiful birds (feathery kind) all around you and very, very few people to clutter up the landscape.

Yes, a bit homesick now when I look out the window and see the Petronas Towers as a homage to dipshits like the Mad Doctor Mahatir and his merry gang of fools

'nuff said Image

Nath21
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Nath21 » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:40 pm

Vaucluse where is your weekender? I am thinking about buying a small shack in Vincentia on Jervis Bay. I did notice that since they handed some of the nature reserve back to the aboriginals in the area the walking tracks have degraded significantly, you cant feed the local birds anymore (which is probably the right thing to do but takes alot of fun from being a kid and having birds all over you), you have to pay to go into the main nature reserve and the surf beach in the nature reserve is no longer accessible because of the aboriginal housing that built. Im interested to see what area around Jervis Bay you think is best?

vbelle
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vbelle » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 4:20 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Nothing to stop you from going back, vbelle . . . either for studying or looking for employment opps. :)

Yes Vaucluse..i will see if Aussie wants me :D
But if i am going to be a student again..its my no.1 destination :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 08 Oct 2009 2:53 am

Let me remind you that life is when you breathe, when you stop, you are DEAD! So it is nothing to do with beaches! However life for me is when i breathe faster, and i always do when i see pretty women around :lol: 8-) But don't believe it's my weakest point, far from it! I prefer a nice beach! :P With my wife practising her hula hoop routine, to keep the weight off! :lol:

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Life's a beach in Oz!

Postby EADG » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 8:45 am

Ah, reminds of the frustration of being surrounded by water but none as nice as all that.

Nice clip, surprised no mention of Noosa.

ozchick wrote:Dreaming of a great beach holiday?!
Look at this and dream on!
(Think I should get back home and see the ones I've missed!)

http://getaway.ninemsn.com.au/fsaustral ... st-beaches
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:07 am

o man. i'm itching so bad to reply...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

@nne

Postby @nne » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 6:38 pm

missing oz so much! but going queensland this dec.. :D

mummakez

Lifes a beach in Oz

Postby mummakez » Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:49 am

We miss our beach Shoalwater WA, it's such a great place to live and take it for granted, We can walk to 2 tiny islands , Penguin and Seal Island s or jump onto a Kayak and have the seals follow you and check you out, they are gorgeous , they get close very friendly but probably too trusting.

Yeah must be feeling abit homesick.