Singapore Expats Forum

Dog Agility Classes and Practice?!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
westernartist

Dog Agility Classes and Practice?!

Postby westernartist » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 3:19 pm

Hi,

Am new to Singapore (6 weeks) and have a Standard Poodle with whom I have started to compete in agility competitions. You can read her blog at www.poodlechronicles.blogspot.com if you don't know anything about dog agility. Or poodles. Anyway, I have found a club to practice and compete with but I don't have a car to get to their Friday/Saturday/Sunday classes.

It's a long shot, I know, but IF you have a dog and want to go to classes (not cheap, but cheaper than massages and haircuts and fattening lunches every week, and lots more fun) -- and IF you have a car, I will happily introduce you to this fun sport and will pay you $25 per time to transport me and the Pood to classes -- any or all of the times that the agility club meets. If you refuse payment I will insist on taking you to dinner afterwards!! It is a fun group -- and being around the dogs is hilarious. And, agility will get you in good shape FAST, and will greatly improve your relationship with your dog.

I live on Shelford Road (near Adam Hawker Centre and Serene Center -- Dunearn/Adam Road area) and the group meets on Friday and Saturday evenings in the East Coast area -- Upper East Coast Road near Siglap. They also meet on Sunday afternoons centrally.

There are also classes and practice opportunities (Sunday afternoons) with the Singapore Kennel Club which meets at Toa Payoh Rise. Carbon Rose and I can be picked up at Adam Hawker Centre if it is easier for you. Sometimes it's just me and the Pood and sometimes my husband Mike likes to come. He's a lot of fun and I promise you will have a lot of laughs.

Anyone?

nhrk

Postby nhrk » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 4:13 pm

Hi,

Would drop you a PM but realise you don't have enough posts to reply. Well I've got dogs, far too many of them in fact. They probably could do with some agility classes, and hopefully do so without embarrassing me too much. I live off River Valley Road, near Great World City and Ochard Road that isn't too far off from where you are.

If you could furnish me on details as to the time of the classes, that would be greatly appreciated. I happen to be a student so I need to ensure this works around my schedule and given I've a number of them, I need to decide who I'll take out, or perhaps even a different one each week? I do however teach at Upper East Coast Road on Fridays, close to Siglap Centre so we could work something out perhaps.
you'll never walk alone, baby.