Singapore Expats

Bali in December

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
lsac0902
Regular
Regular

Bali in December

Post by lsac0902 » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 9:56 am

Hi. I've been told it's the rainy season in December in Bali. Anybody has been there at that time? How bad is it?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:56 am

"rains so much you gotta swim to places in bali...!"

december IS the monsoon season and i expect bali would be affected as well.

travel safe!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

jpatokal

Re: Bali in December

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 2:30 pm

lsac0902 wrote:Hi. I've been told it's the rainy season in December in Bali. Anybody has been there at that time? How bad is it?
Not much different from Singapore: sunny mornings, rainy afternoons is the usual pattern. Only if you're unlucky will your holiday coincide with one of those rare periods when it rains non-stop for three days...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

hbw65
Regular
Regular

Post by hbw65 » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 8:46 am

i heard it might be rainy too, but funny enough they are packed for christmas time so it' can't be that bad, right?! room rates double christmas week as i had called last month for december and there were only a handful of standard rooms available at westin and hyatt.

brittanny
Regular
Regular

Post by brittanny » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 9:43 am

yep, dec is high season in bali despite being the rainy season

book your accomodation in advance before all taken by "summer" holiday-makers ! optionally u may resort to last-min deals from sites like wotif

i'm off to bali end of nov for a wk. wOOt!! nov is the beginning of the rainy season n will let u know wht the weather is like out there

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Thu, 15 Oct 2009 1:37 pm

Bali can differ day to day - week to week in December... we've been 3x over the Xmas period and lucked out - it would usually rain the afternoon/early evening for an hour ... and sometimes one full day in between but that was almost a blessing b/c we'd need a day out of the sun. Also, don't rely too much on the weather reports... they are usually reporting from the airport which can vary from the part of the island where you will be staying (also - it will usually say "thunderstorms" in december... but many times it's a "sunny shower"). That being said - I have heard horror stories of completely rained out holidays... not so good when you're going to Bali.