Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for trip partner to Hanoi, Halong Bay & Sapa

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
freeheart0117

Looking for trip partner to Hanoi, Halong Bay & Sapa

Postby freeheart0117 » Sun, 04 Oct 2009 3:13 pm

Hello, anyone want to have a trip to Hanoi, Halong Bay & Sapa?
I am 32/F, not too new to Singapore (but new to this forum), planning to go there during Dec 19-27 or Dec 25-Jan 03.
If you are interested to go together, please drop me a mail at jessie.lai0117@gmail.com

Alefin

Postby Alefin » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 11:15 am

Just dropped you an email :)

DesertPhoenix

Postby DesertPhoenix » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:08 pm

Hey Jessie, you've got mail.. :)

freeheart0117

Postby freeheart0117 » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:46 pm

Hey all, thanks for your mails !!
Now there are 4 persons looking to join the trip. Will reply by email for more efficient comminucation.
cheers, Jessie

pooiyin
Regular
Regular

Hey

Postby pooiyin » Fri, 09 Oct 2009 5:11 pm

Hi Jessie,

You've got mail.

Pooi Yin

ABuNeNe

Postby ABuNeNe » Fri, 27 Nov 2009 7:58 pm

I'm interested to visit to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia. Would be a bonus if anyone wanna do some leisure scuba diving there.

byn
Regular
Regular

Postby byn » Sat, 28 Nov 2009 2:11 am

Hi, I would like to do leisure scuba diving, obtained my OW in Aug but no one to go diving with. Well, that is if you do not mind a newbie and not-so-good diver. :p

Maybe we can arrange some time in the near future. :)

FoodLover

Postby FoodLover » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:47 am

wow, great to see you guys going to my home country!!! Thanks for your support!

I am VNmese, of course I love my country and would like to say it's worth. But be careful with the traffic, food hygiene and tourism company. It is not so unsafe but if you know how to choose good services, safe paths, you will enjoy the most. Foods in VN are great generally but please eat hot and well-cooked ones, drink bottled water, and careful with the weather if you go to the north during winter season, tempature may drop to 18oC and very cold, chilly and wet, but this thing happen periodically! If you are lucky to come in the sunny days, it's perfect, temp may be around 25oC. I myself like that weather with jacket. But in the south, the weather is exactly the same with Spore. This period may be very cool at night.

All the best to your trip! Look fw to hearing your comments!

byn
Regular
Regular

Postby byn » Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:11 am

went Hanoi in April this year. was nice. culture is very different but was a good experience and yes traffic is something to watch out for since it is not so organized like Sg. taxi driver and fruit seller actually tried to rip us, luckily they didn't managed to. :p

would love to visit Hanoi again and travel southwards to Hue, Hoi An, Ho chih Min etc someday. :)

davidy

Postby davidy » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 5:04 pm

I was in Hue, Hoi An and HCM Q3 last year. I think you can give Hoi An and HCM a miss, nothing there. But Hue is quite interesting because of the the palace and tombs.

But be careful when you are in HCM esp the taxi drivers and motor bike riders. They are all out there to rip you off a big time. Initially, i wanted to see Hanoi and Halong Bay, but after my experience in HCM. I think i don't ever want to go back to Vietnam for holiday.

I am also applied leave for the same period (25Dec to 3Jan). Was looking at a China trip.

byn
Regular
Regular

Postby byn » Tue, 01 Dec 2009 6:47 pm

Hmph, forget Vietnam then. Maybe Laos. :)

You like tombs and stuff? I bet you will like Angkor Wat, beautiful.

davidy

Postby davidy » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:52 am

Angkor Wat is definately worth a visit. I was there beginning of the year. A 3-day will be more than enough to cover the major temples. After a while, you will get templed out as they all look the same. But i think you can give the floating market a miss if you go to Siem Reap. It's waste of time.

If you like Angkor Wat, you will probably like Borobudur. Another great place for a short getaway (3-day weekend is enough).

Happy exploring!

freeheart0117

Postby freeheart0117 » Wed, 02 Dec 2009 11:43 pm

I have been to Angkor Wat, Borobudur, HCM and got diving license this year. Hanoi is set for X'mas to new year time. Good to join Laos if anyone to go next year. (I plan to go Sipadan for diving next June)

Personally I don't suggest to go Borobudur just after Angkor Wat as you may keep comparing these 2 places, while Borobudur is much smaller. Borobudur is good, and you can go Mt.Bromo together- the volcanic view is very impressive. If you have more time, volcanic lake in Mt. I-Jan is fantastic,(all in Java island) then Bali island is not far from there..