Planning to be a pilot? Here are some basic rules that should always be followed while flying.
1. Always try to keep the number of landings you make equal to the number of take offs you've made.
2. Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.
3. Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.
4. It s always better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were down here.
5. There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately no one knows what they are.
6. The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
7. When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.
8. A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which they can use the plane again.
9. Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
10. You know you’ve landed with the wheels up if it takes full power to taxi to the ramp.
11. The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival. Large angle of arrival, small probability of survival and vice versa.
12. Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment.
14. There are old pilots and there are bold pilots. There are, however, no old, bold pilots.
15. In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.