Singapore Expats

Activities for 4 year old

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
mommyto3kiddos

Activities for 4 year old

Post by mommyto3kiddos » Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:39 am

I will be arriving in Singapore in mid-November and will be bringing my 4 yr. old son along with me. We'll be joined 3 weeks later by my husband and 2 young daughters. I will be late in my pregnancy and am trying to figure out things that will keep my active son busy during those 3 weeks without tiring me out!

I will likely be staying near Thomson Medical Centre. Any suggestions on libraries, areas to get out wiggles (both indoors and out), etc.? I would be happy to travel a bit if necessary, so let me know of good places in other areas as well!

Thanks in advance!

Heidi

danipenaloza

how about a drop off?

Post by danipenaloza » Sun, 04 Oct 2009 7:58 am

how about dropping ur kid off at rosemary hall montessori? they are opening in marina square in mid november and have centre-stage to do speech and drama in the afternoons/ ballet classes/ art / music etc basically each day has a different activity

Riversmeet

Post by Riversmeet » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 9:54 am

Some things you might like to try, all not too far from where you will be staying:

Go-Go Bambini indoor play centre (@ Dempsey Hill)
Fidgets indoor play centre (@ Turf City)
Scrumptious Cafe (@ Turf City - has indoor play area and you can sit in comfort and enjoy coffee etc..)
Jacob Ballas Children's Garden (has water play, where you could sit and rest and kiddo could play)
Ikea (@ Alexandra Road - has play room where children can be dropped off for an hour, I think, and you could go to the cafe)

Lots to do for kids in Singapore and I am sure others could suggest more places/things to do. These are just some of the regular places I visit with my 2 little ones.

Hope this helps.

mommyto3kiddos

Post by mommyto3kiddos » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks! Some great suggestions that I will definitely look into. It will be nice to have some places in mind from day 1 :-)

Heidi

kelly.cming

Post by kelly.cming » Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:56 pm

Perhaps if you are looking at a library, you may wish to take the MRT from Novena MRT and alight at Bishan MRT. the national library there is a short walk from the train and quite spacious too.

:)
http://www.learningstore.sg
Educational Toys, Teaching Aids, Homeschooling Materials in Singapore