Singapore Expats

Government Funded Courses

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:48 pm

Government Funded Courses

Post by midnitesun » Sat, 03 Oct 2009 10:54 am

Great day to all. I am not sure if my following question is posted on the correct segment of the forum, if it is not, sorry.
I wish to check if PR of Singapore entitled to get the government funded courses rebate? Example like courses conducted by ITE, EDB and so on, does the PR holders entitled to the rebates offered by SPUR and so on?
All feedback is highly appreciated.

User avatar
Posts: 3327
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Post by taxico » Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:15 am

i don't know about those courses you've mentioned, but at the post-graduate level (local universities), singapore govt subsidizes both PRs and citizens' fees for "most" courses.

eg 1: unequally subsidized Master of Public Health from NUS.


eg 2: unsubsidized Graduate Law degree from SMU.


eg 3: equally subsidized Master of Science from NTU


all 3 might be similarly found at the lower levels... best to be thorough and check with the course website/organizer.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 3:03 pm
Location: London/Singapore (back for good 29 Jul 2010)

Post by econoMIC » Sat, 03 Oct 2009 4:18 pm

I am pretty sure PRs are entitled as well to SPUR. wrote: Unemployed Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) who need training or employment assistance can approach any of the Career Centres at the Community Development Councils (CDCs) or e2i. Please call the centre to make an appointment first to avoid unnecessary waiting.
So it should apply to PRs in general.
a.k.a. littlegreenman

User avatar
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Still based in Singapore but wanders around...

Post by Asian_Geekette » Sat, 03 Oct 2009 4:21 pm

For the SPUR training, PRs can... :P

Please check the link below:
FAQs on SPUR (Skills Programme for Upgrading and Resilience) ... ContId=655

If you're an IT professional, check out the CITREP (Critical Infocomm Technology Resource Programme) training incentive programme: ... agetype=35

Hope this helps.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11592
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 04 Oct 2009 4:29 pm

The specific courses you want to take will already know if they qualify because they would have to apply to be qualified. So, ask the people running the course if there is tuition reimbursement for the course.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest