Kuala Lumpur

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
chixchix
Editor
Editor

Kuala Lumpur

Post by chixchix » Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:21 pm

Hii all ,can anyone recommend a best place to stay in KL ? I will be travelling to Port Klang for a business meeting so would also want to stay somewhere , where it will be convenient to travel ..any suggestions ? :)

Also, where are the best shopping places in KL ? I been to KLCC but didnt find much nice shopping to do there.
Always have a smile on that face!

jpatokal

Re: Kuala Lumpur

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:36 pm

chixchix wrote:Hii all ,can anyone recommend a best place to stay in KL ?
Penthouse suite at the Mandarin Oriental? :P
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

brittanny
Regular
Regular

Post by brittanny » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 9:36 am

hilton kl sentral or le meridien kl sentral (both at kl sentral hub), if it fits your budget

http://www.klsentral.com.my/Conn_Main.aspx

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sillingw » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 2:40 pm

I travel to KL for business every couple of weeks and always stay at the Hilton KL Sentral - the KLIA express train from the airport takes you straight there, easy acees to all the big malls. As to where to shop, depends on what you are shopping for, but I'm sure the hotel concierge would be the best person to give the advice. funny enough, writing this from the KL Hilton :D

adibahhhhhh

Post by adibahhhhhh » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 5:21 pm

best shopping would be at Pavillion, this gigantic mall with a good selection of high-street, high-end and designer brands. great variety of restaurants too.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 5:47 pm

sillingw wrote:I travel to KL for business every couple of weeks and always stay at the Hilton KL Sentral - the KLIA express train from the airport takes you straight there, easy acees to all the big malls. As to where to shop, depends on what you are shopping for, but I'm sure the hotel concierge would be the best person to give the advice. funny enough, writing this from the KL Hilton :D
Agree KL hilton is the best bet, though its a bit of a pain in the butt getting into town at rush hour. Shopping depend on what for? If malls your thing Pavillion, The mid valley mega mall and the Gardens are bigger and better than anything in Singapore. KLCC is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Sun, 04 Oct 2009 9:53 pm

Hii there thanks for all your nice suggestions. I did go to KLCC the last time but I find that its just like Takashimaya ,with all the big boutiques. As for clothes ,I dont find nice clothes being sold there.

Anyone has any comments on Petaling Street, the Chinatown. :)
Always have a smile on that face!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 8:26 am

chixchix wrote:Hii there thanks for all your nice suggestions. I did go to KLCC the last time but I find that its just like Takashimaya ,with all the big boutiques. As for clothes ,I dont find nice clothes being sold there.

Anyone has any comments on Petaling Street, the Chinatown. :)
Petalin street is more fun, everything is fake but the area around there is alot more interesting, central markets worth a visit if you are already at petaling st though a bit touristy . If you like that sort of stuff then the chow kit night markets worth a visit, beware of pick pockets and snatch thiefs, plus the streets and old malls around Sogo.

Bangsa also has a night markets but its small, but worth going just to have the madam kwans nasi lemeak and fried chicken.

brittanny
Regular
Regular

Post by brittanny » Mon, 05 Oct 2009 2:11 pm

i won't say petaling st can offer u much for clothes shopping

u can find mostly replica watches, fake designer handbags, pirated dvds, jerseys etc etc

there's also some food stalls worth checking out if u are adventurous enough. there's a famous stall offering portugese grilled fish or some other seafood: super spicy !!!! :P

IDontKnowWhereMyHomeIs

Post by IDontKnowWhereMyHomeIs » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 2:46 pm

brittanny wrote:i won't say petaling st can offer u much for clothes shopping

u can find mostly replica watches, fake designer handbags, pirated dvds, jerseys etc etc

there's also some food stalls worth checking out if u are adventurous enough. there's a famous stall offering portugese grilled fish or some other seafood: super spicy !!!! :P
You can also try Bangsar, a nightlife area frequented by expats in KL.
Mostly pubs and bistros.
Best place to stay is probably near KL sentral, since it's the transportation hub and easy to move around. :lol:
cat lover, badminton fanatic, loves outdoor/indoor sports.

jeensy

Post by jeensy » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:57 pm

I always like shopping at The Gardens Mid Valley mall - its 2 shopping malls in one, with a posh designer section, and a normal standard mall full of high street shops.

dolphin_dee

Post by dolphin_dee » Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:57 pm

Hi, if you are traveling to Port Klang for business then I will suggest to stay at places like Petaling Jaya or Bandar Utama. It is nearer to Klang than city center and you can avoid most of the major traffic.

At Bandar Utama, you can stay at the One World Hotel, a 5-star hotel which is attached to 1 utama shopping center. Here you can find cheaper items to shop than KLCC and with better quality than Sg Wang, KL.

http://www.oneworldhotel.com.my/index.p ... &Itemid=26

However, if you are looking for a place to stay nearer to tourist attractions & shopping centers within the city, then there will be plenty of choices for you to choose.

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”