Singapore Expats

Bean Bags & Rattan(bamboo) arm chairs!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Bean Bags & Rattan(bamboo) arm chairs!!!

Post by blue_thunder » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:06 pm

where can I get bean bags & fillers & bamboo armchairs in singapore ?

Did find some stores online but they are freaking expensive !!

Did visit Ikea/Courts/Carrefour but found none.

Any pointers would be helpful ..

Ps: Edited to add bamboo chairs , didnt want to start another topic :???:
Last edited by blue_thunder on Sat, 26 Sep 2009 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Post by road.not.taken » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 1:29 pm

Spotlight at Plaza Singapura or Park Mall, basement 1. Also a little shop at Holland Village, up in the shopping center, second floor I think? It's a little fabric shop near the top of the escalator. Good luck!

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 2:07 pm

road.not.taken wrote:Spotlight at Plaza Singapura or Park Mall, basement 1. Also a little shop at Holland Village, up in the shopping center, second floor I think? It's a little fabric shop near the top of the escalator. Good luck!
Thanks rnr.

Spotlight seems to be a viable option now...as my office is right next to plaza singapura...will check it out by evening
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 6:03 pm

And where have you been!?! :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 6:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And where have you been!?! :o
I was expecting this question from you!!!

Long story cut short. :cool:
I was away due to lot of business trips in the last couple of months and literally living out of the suitcase. :x
Got back home last week and trying to settle down !!

~Cheers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 6:25 pm

I went home for 16 days. Am currently sitting on the HK airport floor waiting for my 8 pm flight back to Singapore. Been 18 hours flying so far non-stop from the east coast of the US.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 6:33 pm

Wow ...so were you on a vacation ??
Yes know the pain of non stop flights/transit and waiting at the lounge. Been doing that in the last 2 months ....man i started loving the lounge couches i feel that much comfortable than my bed :lol:

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 3:45 pm

Finally I managed to locate some bean bags in carrefour at Suntec . Costs 30 bucks...Going to pick up today..

Cheers.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 13 Oct 2009 9:20 pm

blue_thunder wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:Spotlight at Plaza Singapura or Park Mall, basement 1. Also a little shop at Holland Village, up in the shopping center, second floor I think? It's a little fabric shop near the top of the escalator. Good luck!
Thanks rnr.

Spotlight seems to be a viable option now...as my office is right next to plaza singapura...will check it out by evening
Spotlight at Plaza Singapure is in a right mess at the moment. They're in the middle of major reno. I'd be surprised if you can find anything in there. The shelves are all empty etc. Is there another Spotlight?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Wed, 14 Oct 2009 12:18 am

Nope...Only one Spotlight in Singapura and it was a no show...the sales ppl havent heard of a term called BEANBAG...I went twice and got the same answer .

Carrefour at plaza sing exhausted its stock due to some promo last week. Now having located them at Suntec ..will try my hands on it tomorrow

daddysgal

Post by daddysgal » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 5:05 pm

You can try visiting this website -> www.playwithbeans.com
My friend intro this to me after she bought a bean bag from them, i'm pretty interested and tempted to buy one from them as well , so far i have not seen designs like that in the shops in SG yet.

They are having 20% discount now with a free one time beans refill.

I love the pink sofa set :)

daddysgal

Post by daddysgal » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 5:09 pm

This is the pink sofa set i am talking about.....nice?
You think it is worth the price to buy at $220 (after 20% discount)?

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blue_thunder » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 6:20 pm

daddysgal wrote:This is the pink sofa set i am talking about.....nice?
You think it is worth the price to buy at $220 (after 20% discount)?
200+ for a bean bag is quite expensive...and i would go for a regular couch by topping up another 200 bucks..

Chezko

Post by Chezko » Wed, 21 Oct 2009 9:23 pm

Hey Blue_T

Not sure you've got any luck yet finding your bamboo ware and beany.

I recalled seeing 'em beanies at a shop in Great World City. They have ready made as well as custom made ones in a wide range of colours, fabric and sizes. As for the fillers, get 'em at Spotlight. For the bamboo ware, try Haji Lane, some proprietors there does bamboo stuff but not sure if they make armchairs, those things are so 60s!! One more place to check out, Barang Barang - their flagship store at Simei - the SingPost Building, you may find bamboo furniture there sometimes. Good luck!

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Re: Bean Bags & Rattan(bamboo) arm chairs!!!

Post by phil30k » Sat, 28 Nov 2009 12:31 pm

blue_thunder wrote:where can I get bean bags & fillers & bamboo armchairs in singapore ?

Did find some stores online but they are freaking expensive !!

Did visit Ikea/Courts/Carrefour but found none.

Any pointers would be helpful ..

Ps: Edited to add bamboo chairs , didnt want to start another topic :???:
Has anyone mentioned Superdeal? 67421987

Hope that's helpful.

Return to “General Discussions”