Singapore Expats

Australian living in China, moving to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Cankles
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:35 am

Australian living in China, moving to Singapore

Post by Cankles » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:56 am

Hi Singapore Expats,
I've literally found out today that we're moving to Singapore (for my partner's job) in a few months from Shanghai. While the China experience has been awesome we're also happy with the move to Singapore - but we have a few questions.

I've been doing my homework via this site and Google today but have a few extra questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Can anyone recommend a good removalist from Shanghai to Singapore? I've heard Sante Fe been mentioned a few times before. We don't have a lot as our place in SH is fully furnished.

2. As a partner (currently unmarried) can I work? Yes, I am currently looking to "man up" but the transfer ball is rolling faster.

3. When looking for work I'll explore my current contacts but wondering if anyone can recommend Web sites and recruitment agencies for people (me) who specialise in digital media.

4. Do you think it is best to do a 'reconnaissance' mission (fly to Singapore for a week to get a feel for the different areas to live) or just land here and get a Serviced Apartment for a month or so to get a feel for the different areas to live.

Any tips would be appreciated.

User avatar
Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 4:07 pm
Location: Still based in Singapore but wanders around...

Re: Australian living in China, moving to Singapore - help

Post by Asian_Geekette » Thu, 24 Sep 2009 5:26 pm

Cankles wrote:
2. As a partner (currently unmarried) can I work? Yes, I am currently looking to "man up" but the transfer ball is rolling faster.
Please check out the discussion thread below:

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... highlight=
Cankles wrote: 3. When looking for work I'll explore my current contacts but wondering if anyone can recommend Web sites and recruitment agencies for people (me) who specialise in digital media.
Try searching through www.jobstreet.com.sg and www.jobsdb.com.sg.
Cankles wrote: 4. Do you think it is best to do a 'reconnaissance' mission (fly to Singapore for a week to get a feel for the different areas to live) or just land here and get a Serviced Apartment for a month or so to get a feel for the different areas to live.
If you can take the time to do a reconnaisance mission, it would be much better.
Cankles wrote: Any tips would be appreciated.
Use the "Search" feature in the forum. :D
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Sunset Mountain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Singapore

Check it out

Post by Sunset Mountain » Sat, 10 Oct 2009 1:10 am

Hi There,

Hope you get the necessary information that you need about relocating to Singapore.

Have a nice day.

ljkcal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 9:53 pm

Post by ljkcal » Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:53 pm

If unmarried, then cannot get Dependant Pass. There is one thread talking about this, you can search for it.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests