Singapore Expats Forum

Want to talk to other dp pass holders looking for work

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10835
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 1:33 am

ksl wrote:The answer is yes, you need a letter of consent, because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR must also furnish a business plan, and then the DP reverts to entrepass in its own right. which means they are not dependant longer if they are employing themself or someone else. There are many loop holes and what the company is offering can hardly be illegal, providing the DP holder that sets up the company is doing everything by the book. Yes it will eventually be closed anyway, but I guess the government looks at the economic policies involed, before interest is shown.


You are wrong YET AGAIN, ksl. A DP holder can form a company without a business plan, without applying for an Entrepass. You are just wrong. Must I redirect you yet again to the relevant posts?

A DP can register a sole proprietorship or private limited, PERIOD.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about a 'DP reverting to an Entrepass' but you are factually incorrect, AGAIN.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 1:40 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:The answer is yes, you need a letter of consent, because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR must also furnish a business plan, and then the DP reverts to entrepass in its own right. which means they are not dependant longer if they are employing themself or someone else. There are many loop holes and what the company is offering can hardly be illegal, providing the DP holder that sets up the company is doing everything by the book. Yes it will eventually be closed anyway, but I guess the government looks at the economic policies involed, before interest is shown.


You are wrong YET AGAIN, ksl. A DP holder can form a company without a business plan, without applying for an Entrepass. You are just wrong. Must I redirect you yet again to the relevant posts?

A DP can register a sole proprietorship or private limited, PERIOD.


Oh here we go again, the USA saves the world! Sleep well I will! Personally I belive its in your character, so i will leave it at that! After all I am so impressed you can find the cap locks! Why not just post the links? So everyone can read? Becauese I think you are wrong yet again and how many times is that? Now what was the question?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 2:03 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
jpatokal wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:But, this just pushes the question down the road, doesn't it? If you want to hire a DP and apply for a letter of consent, what will you put down for salary and turnover?

Q: If you can set up your own company as a DP, do you even need the letter of consent? Obviously the company can't hire you as an employee or pay you a salary without one, and a DP can't legally "work" in Singapore without the LOC, but it should not necessary for dividends or even director's fees, right?

So if I'm reading this right, this means that the original EP holder can't start a company and has to slave away for a monthly wage, while his dependent can start a company and doesn't need any permission at all to passively manage a team of underlings and cream off all their profits as fees and dividends. :???:


Actually, that is a most refreshing view. I can find nothing wrong with it... indeed, it solves almost all problems for a DP. You and I would make a darn good red team for the folks that make the rules.
Here we go again! Talk about vanity!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10835
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 2:13 am

ksl wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:The answer is yes, you need a letter of consent, because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR must also furnish a business plan, and then the DP reverts to entrepass in its own right. which means they are not dependant longer if they are employing themself or someone else. There are many loop holes and what the company is offering can hardly be illegal, providing the DP holder that sets up the company is doing everything by the book. Yes it will eventually be closed anyway, but I guess the government looks at the economic policies involed, before interest is shown.


You are wrong YET AGAIN, ksl. A DP holder can form a company without a business plan, without applying for an Entrepass. You are just wrong. Must I redirect you yet again to the relevant posts?

A DP can register a sole proprietorship or private limited, PERIOD.


Oh here we go again, the USA saves the world! Sleep well I will! Personally I belive its in your character, so i will leave it at that! After all I am so impressed you can find the cap locks! Why not just post the links? So everyone can read? Becauese I think you are wrong yet again and how many times is that? Now what was the question?


Look, Doofus, I have contacted MOM. I know people that have formed businesses and companies as DP's. Not a single one had to file a business plan BECAUSE, under current Singapore law and regulations, a DP has the right to register a business. Period. End. NoMo. Read it on the website.

Then you come along with this business plan nonsense. And it is nonsense. Once again, you do nothing but confuse the issue. If you want to post, please be at least factually correct.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 2:27 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:The answer is yes, you need a letter of consent, because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR must also furnish a business plan, and then the DP reverts to entrepass in its own right. which means they are not dependant longer if they are employing themself or someone else. There are many loop holes and what the company is offering can hardly be illegal, providing the DP holder that sets up the company is doing everything by the book. Yes it will eventually be closed anyway, but I guess the government looks at the economic policies involed, before interest is shown.


You are wrong YET AGAIN, ksl. A DP holder can form a company without a business plan, without applying for an Entrepass. You are just wrong. Must I redirect you yet again to the relevant posts?

A DP can register a sole proprietorship or private limited, PERIOD.


Oh here we go again, the USA saves the world! Sleep well I will! Personally I belive its in your character, so i will leave it at that! After all I am so impressed you can find the cap locks! Why not just post the links? So everyone can read? Becauese I think you are wrong yet again and how many times is that? Now what was the question?


Look, Doofus, I have contacted MOM. I know people that have formed businesses and companies as DP's. Not a single one had to file a business plan BECAUSE, under current Singapore law and regulations, a DP has the right to register a business. Period. End. NoMo. Read it on the website.
Then you come along with this business plan nonsense. And it is nonsense. Once again, you do nothing but confuse the issue. If you want to post, please be at least factually correct.
Are you factually correct?prove it, instead of shouting your mouth off like you always do, as far as i am concerned you are nothing but an egoistic texan with a small t, rude, very impolite and a waste of energy! And from an international perspective considering you are a moderator working for an operational business website, I would suggest that people do not listen to what you tell them...it could cost them a great deal of money and a lack of business, which may just make you liable. Also under Singaporean law So even though you can write a good business plan, be very careful you don't trip up over your own mouth, like you have done before!

Krocky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 18 Jan 2009

Postby Krocky » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 7:59 am

Zeenit wrote:As a DP the one question that has not been answered is what are the services that this Consutlancy Co is going to offer.

You list of key people is really for the benefit of this Co itself and not the services it will offer to Singapore at large.
Sorry to sound so negative, but if you cant sell the idea to DPs' then you cant get it off the ground.


I was just naming some skills benificial for a consultancy like mc kinsey, because that is my field of expertise. As I said before I have a organizational scope. But the same priciples can also be applied to other organizations made up with other skillsets.

As far as what i want to offer. That is not set. How can I possibly know what the skillsets are of people i haven't met before? Suppose i meet a graphic designer an animator and some game developers: Right then i have a possible gaming company here. Organizational wise is doesn't really make a difference, then i would not be involved in producing but focus on getting leads and contracts.

So I am not fixed on one concept, I am open to any combination, I think has a future.

So please fellow dp holders let's meet up and present the skills you have, maybe we can work something out in a joint effort.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10835
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 1:19 pm

ksl wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:The answer is yes, you need a letter of consent, because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR must also furnish a business plan, and then the DP reverts to entrepass in its own right. which means they are not dependant longer if they are employing themself or someone else. There are many loop holes and what the company is offering can hardly be illegal, providing the DP holder that sets up the company is doing everything by the book. Yes it will eventually be closed anyway, but I guess the government looks at the economic policies involed, before interest is shown.


You are wrong YET AGAIN, ksl. A DP holder can form a company without a business plan, without applying for an Entrepass. You are just wrong. Must I redirect you yet again to the relevant posts?

A DP can register a sole proprietorship or private limited, PERIOD.


Oh here we go again, the USA saves the world! Sleep well I will! Personally I belive its in your character, so i will leave it at that! After all I am so impressed you can find the cap locks! Why not just post the links? So everyone can read? Becauese I think you are wrong yet again and how many times is that? Now what was the question?


It is not about personality. It is not about vanity. It is about facts and your are misleading people with your post. The facts are:

a) A DP can register a company or a business. She/he does not have to apply for an Entrepass.

b) The DP then applies to MOM for a letter of consent to work in that business or company. She/he does not have to apply for an Entrepass.

c) Additionally, your phrase "because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR" is sheer nonsense. Only 1 director and one shareholder is needed. The DP does not need a Singaporean or PR to set up a company.

I know at least 3 DP's operating exactly in this manner. One has full time, permanent contract work.

IF a DP wishes to no longer be dependent upon the associated EP, then she/he could file for an Entrepass and/or if the company has a track record, apply for her/his own EP.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:22 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
ksl wrote:The answer is yes, you need a letter of consent, because the DP holder, that sets up a Company with a Singaporean PR must also furnish a business plan, and then the DP reverts to entrepass in its own right. which means they are not dependant longer if they are employing themself or someone else. There are many loop holes and what the company is offering can hardly be illegal, providing the DP holder that sets up the company is doing everything by the book. Yes it will eventually be closed anyway, but I guess the government looks at the economic policies involed, before interest is shown.


You are wrong YET AGAIN, ksl. A DP holder can form a company without a business plan, without applying for an Entrepass. You are just wrong. Must I redirect you yet again to the relevant posts?

A DP can register a sole proprietorship or private limited, PERIOD.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about a 'DP reverting to an Entrepass' but you are factually incorrect, AGAIN.
Yes I was wrong wastn't I, that will teach me to not drink so many beers, while writing on a forum, WTF I meant LTSVPS but hey don't get so wound up about it, right or wrong it all gets sorted in the end. I would rather encourage someone to do a business plan and go the entre route, without also informing them of the risks involved,,,FACTS! yes and you also leave many FACTS out.
So i will apologise to the forum board for being slightly tipsy while replying to the posts, and say, to everyone cheers, its Friday night and i haven't had a day free for 3 months, so my only time free is between 11pm and 3 a.m and in this space of time, I could be sober, pissed or fast asleep :lol: :wink:

So be forewarned, I object to being called stupid, when you could say ksl are you pissed, try not to make any mistakes, its misleading. Then i would have to scratch my head and think WTF here's me, a workaholic working his brain all day cannot wind down with a few beers and make mistakes on a forum, while SE is off playing golf :???: You made your little business thread, that deals with all these issues, so why not keep to it, and let the workers wind down and talk a load of nonsense, if they want!

The real facts are not that simple, and I would say to everyone do your own research in the places where you need to be doing it, and not here on this forum, because SE also misses out half the facts too, and he's sober :wink:
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krocky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun, 18 Jan 2009

Postby Krocky » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:25 pm

Ok stil no dp holders respons, should i put up a new post?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:51 pm

Krocky wrote:Ok stil no dp holders respons, should i put up a new post?
Your idea is a very good one, though most in business wouldn't even know what you are thinking, their brains are to focussed in their own soup. Even other skilled DP's lack the entrepreneurial spirit, or suffer from risk aversion or work.

Though you can apply your idea, to others as well as DP holders, especially Singaporeans with qualifications and work from there, if DP's are lacking!

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10835
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:17 pm

Peace, ksl. You are a valuable contributor to the board.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:27 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Peace, ksl. You are a valuable contributor to the board.
My apologies, yes peace!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:10 am

Having traversed the east coast of the US early this morning, I'm now sitting in O'Hara waiting on the flight to HK. I've been having a laugh at the two of you going at it again on yet another chapter of the Business Registration Saga. Imagine my disappointment as I logged in here to find you two have buried the hatchet once again (temporarily I'll warrant) without doing so in each other's skulls.

:wink:

Arriving back on the little red dot midnight Saturday. Trip was way too short! :(

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:52 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Having traversed the east coast of the US early this morning, I'm now sitting in O'Hara waiting on the flight to HK. I've been having a laugh at the two of you going at it again on yet another chapter of the Business Registration Saga. Imagine my disappointment as I logged in here to find you two have buried the hatchet once again (temporarily I'll warrant) without doing so in each other's skulls.

:wink:

Arriving back on the little red dot midnight Saturday. Trip was way too short! :(
Well I have to own up to the fact, that when i have had I few Barons, I'm very prone to making mistakes, for me sitting here should be a wind down, I have to learn to except defeat :lol: Especially when i can see I made the mistake :oops: But true I haven't stopped in 3 months and sitting here for a few hrs drinking each night, thinking i don't really want to think, just sleep is a problem. 92kg and still on soup every single day and chicken breast, with oats for breakfast! Yes I know its the beer but no beer no sleep!

Though we have just purchased a brand new 4000 sq ft unit in Food Exchange at woodlands, which means someone is working hard, the wife of course :) I need a holiday too, I don't think i want UK, even though I still have things to sort out there and pay every month.

What I hate most is having only 1/3rd of a half ltr of beer in my glass on a Saturday morning at 01.22 a.m and I cannot sleep. If i wasn't married I would just go out!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Sep 2009 5:31 pm

Well, I'm sitting on the floor here in HK airport recharging the notebook batteries and waiting on the 8 pm flight back to purgatory. Should arrive back on the little red dot around midnight. Hope you get a break. I sure needed mine I'm telling you. Wish it had been twice as long though.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests