Singapore Expats Forum

Can't keep a dead man down!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Can't keep a dead man down!

Postby ozchick » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 7:24 am

Or any part of him!! :wink:
Yeah it's all just fun with words. Read this paragraph.

Mistresses entitled to family fortune
05:48 AEST Mon Sep 21 2009
Mistresses and love-children will soon be entitled to a share of the family fortune unless there is a will in place specifically ruling them out.
Controversial new intestacy laws, to take effect in NSW early next year, introduce the concept of "multiple spouses" to increase provision for de facto relationships, The Daily Telegraph says.
This will have most impact where a married couple has separated but not divorced and the dead spouse was having a relationship with a new partner.
:P

Sounds like the dead spouse was having a good time yeah? Surely it would read better to say "and the dead spouse had been having a relationship with a new partner".
Can't beat good journalism- it's a real hoot! :D
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 8:54 am

at first glance i was tempted to say this was an article written by one of SPH's crack squad of reporters... but alas...

ooops. i mentioned "SPH" - is that taboo? i better go wash my mouth out with soap.

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 3:27 am

Poor wife and family. Cheated on if life and doubly so in death. Could you imagine finding out he was cheating during the reading of his will, or that he had other kids and not just you. My feel is if you could bring him (or her - bit harder to hide the kid thing though) back to life he wouldn't be in the land of the living much longer.

That said the mistress and kids out of wedlock deserve their share.
Be Like Water