Singapore Expats Forum

Herbalife /Shapeworks

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Herbalife /Shapeworks

Postby ozchick » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 2:39 pm

So I've lost 3 kilos in one week drinking this stuff. Anyone been on this diet? Only want to lose about 6-10 kilos total. So I'm eating a good healthy meal each day and whatever fruit I want whenever I want it.
I paid some dude over $200 for the formula 1 shake-mix and hyacinth tea. Can't stand the tea. The shake has lost its appeal too...Now I see the shake and tea bought online is only about $100 all up but to me this is still expensive. The dude wants me to go to a meeting this Saturday cos "I'll meet people and get inspired" (Rainbow Yawn...)
Anyone 'been there and done that'? Like to hear your views, experiences etc.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Herbalife /Shapeworks

Postby ksl » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:34 pm

ozchick wrote:So I've lost 3 kilos in one week drinking this stuff. Anyone been on this diet? Only want to lose about 6-10 kilos total. So I'm eating a good healthy meal each day and whatever fruit I want whenever I want it.
I paid some dude over $200 for the formula 1 shake-mix and hyacinth tea. Can't stand the tea. The shake has lost its appeal too...Now I see the shake and tea bought online is only about $100 all up but to me this is still expensive. The dude wants me to go to a meeting this Saturday cos "I'll meet people and get inspired" (Rainbow Yawn...)

Not done it, but there was a herbal life cafe, close to my home, peddling breakfast shakes and other meal plans. They do have some good products, but its MLM so you are going to pay the premium to keep the area reps in the paradise isles.

There is no need to diet, just regulate your sugar intake, that is to say, stay well away from simple carbohydrates, and ensure you get your essential amino acids. Vinegar! :wink: Even body builders drink vinegar these days, to get rid of the last ounce or two of body fat! Vinegar hates sugar. Mmm 10 kg over, like me, and I also tell little white lies...I guess its more like 16kg today, though how to get rid of 16 kg of muscle :oops:

The 8 essential aminos are key, to optimisation of calorie burning, the quality of energy must be at least 5 star rating, other wise you will have short endurance, and that's no good for a good looking woman these days! :) Mind you there is always HGH if you are over the hill and too far away...like myself at the moment :cry: But you know what Arnold says " I'll be back !"

Seriously if one is over 40 have a CT scan, its normal for everyone arteries to narrow, some more quickly than others, and very little to do with fitness, more to do with bad habits and self inflicting damage, like smoking. 3kg in one week is probably just water, not fat, the tea is maybe a diuretic, the shake is probably whey protein, which no woman needs, if she isn't pumping iron. Did I say that :oops:

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 3:05 pm

ksl wrote:
ozchick wrote:

There is no need to diet, just regulate your sugar intake, that is to say, stay well away from simple carbohydrates, and ensure you get your essential amino acids. Vinegar! :wink:

Oi! The only vinegar I'm downing is what goes on my steamed fish...sigh...sad life that it is.
Anyway,who in their right mind would drink vinegar?! Hell's bells- that's what they gave to Jesus as the ultimate insult in his last minutes as he was dying on the cross. Come on Kayser now be realistic....maybe some yummy low-fat sugar-free chocolate or summit'.... wouldn't that be just the trick! NOT! :cry:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:27 pm

ozchick wrote:
ksl wrote:
ozchick wrote:

There is no need to diet, just regulate your sugar intake, that is to say, stay well away from simple carbohydrates, and ensure you get your essential amino acids. Vinegar! :wink:

Oi! The only vinegar I'm downing is what goes on my steamed fish...sigh...sad life that it is.
Anyway,who in their right mind would drink vinegar?! Hell's bells- that's what they gave to Jesus as the ultimate insult in his last minutes as he was dying on the cross. Come on Kayser now be realistic....maybe some yummy low-fat sugar-free chocolate or summit'.... wouldn't that be just the trick! NOT! :cry:

Tryptophan
OZchick: Maybe some yummy low-fat sugar-free chocolate or summit'
Oh yes Tryptophan, in chocolate relieves depression, did you no that! It's an essential amino acid, also in vinegar, that's why, when Jesus was on the cross, he was offered a drink of vinegar, to cheer him up :wink: Actually tonight at Suntech food expo, I met a woman that lost 12kg with orange vinegar, I could hardly believe it, I mean a know its a mild laxative but I was gobsmacked when i saw
how thin she had become.

You just haven't tasted my sweet apple vinegar, mint cocktail yet! With Tryptophan in it! Actually all the 8 essential aminos, will kick start that motor of yours, and you will be pumping iron all night long, in the gym that is :wink:

Jesus is watching you!

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shone his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, “Jesus is watching you.”

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 8:42 pm

[quote]

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shone his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, “Jesus is watching you.”

Return to “General Discussions”