Singapore Expats Forum

PR rejected :(

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bluesky12

PR rejected :(

Postby bluesky12 » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:52 pm

Hi everyone out there.

I'm 24 this year, male currently on Q1 EP. I have stayed in Sg for almost 6 years(i did a degree in a private school for 4 years).

I went back my hometown 6 mths(to settle my family issues). I came back sg last Nov and got a job. I applied for PR after 4 months of working and got rejected. They state the reasons are changes in residential address and financial stability. The letter says I can re-submit in 2 years time =( =( =(

This is a discouraging news for me. I was hoping I can propose my gf within next year. This definitely has screwed up that plan...

I can't tell you exact details but my employment journey in Sg has not been very smooth. This is why I'm in a great fear of having to part with my gf if my current employment turns sour. Super sad ....

Do I have to wait for 2 years before resubmitting ? I went back my hometown for 6 months that's why it was rejected?

By the way, is there gonna be lots of troubles to marry local girl if i don't have PR? (my girl is local currently working in same industry). I heard many of SG men marrying foreign wife but seldom the way around.

It seems that this country does not welcome me to stay.
I wish you could your views and point me a direction as I'm not sure what to do next. Any thoughts/comments appreciated. Please advise. Thank you.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 5:50 pm

I married a local lass in Singapore on a SVP!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 10:33 pm

Me to! :cool:

AND lived here 11 years on SVPs. (but you can't get away with that any more! :wink:

bluesky12

Postby bluesky12 » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 9:33 am

wow. That takes lots of effort and bravery i suppose.

How long did you and your wife know each other before getting married? Did ICA ever rejected your SVP or they just extended one after anther?
Can you guys share your story?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: PR rejected :(

Postby ksl » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:30 am

bluesky12 wrote:Hi everyone out there.

I'm 24 this year, male currently on Q1 EP. I have stayed in Sg for almost 6 years(i did a degree in a private school for 4 years).

I went back my hometown 6 mths(to settle my family issues). I came back sg last Nov and got a job. I applied for PR after 4 months of working and got rejected. They state the reasons are changes in residential address and financial stability. The letter says I can re-submit in 2 years time =( =( =(

This is a discouraging news for me. I was hoping I can propose my gf within next year. This definitely has screwed up that plan...

I can't tell you exact details but my employment journey in Sg has not been very smooth. This is why I'm in a great fear of having to part with my gf if my current employment turns sour. Super sad ....

Do I have to wait for 2 years before resubmitting ? I went back my hometown for 6 months that's why it was rejected?

By the way, is there gonna be lots of troubles to marry local girl if i don't have PR? (my girl is local currently working in same industry). I heard many of SG men marrying foreign wife but seldom the way around.

It seems that this country does not welcome me to stay.
I wish you could your views and point me a direction as I'm not sure what to do next. Any thoughts/comments appreciated. Please advise. Thank you.
So why did you move your residential address in Singapore, when you had already qualified for PR status, which is 2 years, did you do the degree in Singapore, which took 4 years? That would have been on a student visa. The actual Q1 EP is how old? There maybe some kind of appeal under compassionate grounds, for the break when you went home, it is worth looking more into it. I would first talk with an officer and explain the situation. The letter you get is standard procedure that's the way the system works...a compassionate officer will of course know what you can and cannot do. So pay them a visit, do not call them, take the letter and explain you left on compassionate grounds. Though the chances are very slim.

The main thing is not to worry, if you do marry later it should go through okay! I wouldn't give a toss about my job, if i was in love, even though I know its a bloody illusion! Just do it, I got married and i knew my wife less than 7 days, having met her on the internet, shocked her, by arriving in her Country, and saying well the goods look pretty good to me, I'll sign for it! I had been divorced over 23 years and didn't believe that I really wanted the hassle of marriage, but when you have had the freedom to do just about everything there is to do, what is left?

For me,it was the agony of losing my children in the first marriage, that failed. Took me 23 years to forgive women, I hated them so much, and I was well aware of the illusion of love, having had my fair share of lovers in the 23 years of single life.

Like my mum said, you make your bed, you sleep in it! deal with it! She also said that leopards never change their spots either!

9 years married, and only the same old complaints, that the majority of married men have :roll: Don't laugh, you will get the same treatment! Compatibility is like winning the lotto! So its more of excepting the facts, and sticking to the commitment if you want it to work.

I was watching this old film on TV last night, the British colonial period in Sarawak, where the embassy attache had fathered a beautiful daughter, to one of the village head hunters, they had diary's called sleeping dairy's.
Of course in those days it wasn't at all possible to marry...anyway this young British officer fell in love with his daughter in the village, and he was punished, because he wouldn't give her up.

Singapore is living memory, of not doing things by the book in year 2009.
If you love the girl go for it! There are no guarantees in life whatever way you choose.
In 45 years on the job market, i haven't once worried about losing my job, I run my life, the state doesn't run my life, I try my best to flow with the waves of all governments, because you can never beat them and life is to bloody short to worry about government welfare projects. It's a dog eat dog world and when a crisis happens which is close to us, its only then that we take life up to evaluation!

God created and god taketh away, he doesn't care about your happiness or your multi level marketing mission, if you have a price to pay, you are going to pay it! That's probably why there are so few lotto winners :lol: