Singapore Expats Forum

Autumn in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Autumn in Singapore

Postby ozchick » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:02 pm

Wierd that....autumn leaves are falling but damned if I can notice anything different with the weather.....we DO have a sort of autumn here though don't we yeah?
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 8:13 am

When I think of autumn in Singapore I think of burning hell money and moon cakes... Could never quite understand how the mid-autumn festival could start when it was still summer though. :roll:

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Postby SunWuKong » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 8:41 am

Singapore 'winter' occurs when either the southern or northern hemispheres experiences winter during the solstices in December and June. The laughable severity of Singapore's 'winters' is equal despite what a little armchair meteorology might suggest, after taking landmass distributions into account.

The fact that there is more ocean in the southern hemisphere, means that the southern hemisphere's winter is Singapore's wet season. And arguably that Singapore's most pleasant 'winter' corresponds to the northern hemisphere's summer, in and around June.

As a technical aside, Singapore actually has 8 seasons; however you'd be very hard pressed to tell them apart.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!