Singapore Expats

know of a GOOD homeopath?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
av

know of a GOOD homeopath?

Post by av » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 8:33 pm

does anyone know of a GOOD homeopath who also practises bach flower remedies, but is reasonable with fees ?

:( Wld really help as am looking to healing my kid's severe eczema.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:04 pm

Homeopathy is a total waste of time, it doesn't matter who you get because the magic potions used are just water. If you're not satisfied with Western medicine, then please at least try TCM, which at least has a remote chance of actually doing something. (Not necessarily for the better though...)

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic47478.html
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

resm
Regular
Regular

Post by resm » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:46 pm

jpatokal wrote:Homeopathy is a total waste of time, it doesn't matter who you get because the magic potions used are just water. If you're not satisfied with Western medicine, then please at least try TCM, which at least has a remote chance of actually doing something. (Not necessarily for the better though...)

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic47478.html
You truly sound like one who has not the slightest Idea what Homeopathy is based on and surely has never tried to use one (the right way) when you could have needed one.

I have used Homeopathic medicine on myself for the last 20 years whenever I was in need of any medicine.
That does not mean I never use Allopathic or TCM and other herbal medicine but 95% of my cases are being cured without any side effects trough Homeopathic medicine.

I am not a Homeopathic Doctor but it has become a bit of a Hobby and many of my friends have been helped (to their surprise) by a few of this "white sugar pills".

So before you do any judgement about anything, you should base it on your own experience and not based on some unverified hearsay.
PROUT....the only way out !

resm
Regular
Regular

Re: know of a GOOD homeopath?

Post by resm » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 5:41 pm

av wrote:does anyone know of a GOOD homeopath who also practises bach flower remedies, but is reasonable with fees ?

I have send you a PM (Private Message)

primavera

Re: know of a GOOD homeopath?

Post by primavera » Sat, 19 Sep 2009 9:18 pm

resm wrote:
av wrote:does anyone know of a GOOD homeopath who also practises bach flower remedies, but is reasonable with fees ?

I have send you a PM (Private Message)
Hi! can you also send me contact of this good Homeopatic doctor or clinic that you can recomend (in PM), becouse my son has the same problem (eczema) and i normal Western medicin can do nothing this this.... ((( thank you in advance!!!!

Lemon Grass

Dr Sosamma - 62919440

Post by Lemon Grass » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 3:44 pm

excellent
intuitive
and very good with her treatement
aged thus looks a bit dishelved

but results are exdcellent
has a healing touch
ask for instructions and call 3 to 8 pm everyday sundays 6 - 8pm
serangoon plaza

inflammed appendix subisded with just one dose of bryonia 10M she is a great healer ... FOLLOW HER INSTRUCTIONS TO THE T THOUGH
SUCH AS AVOID COFFEE MILO ETC ETC AND HAVE FAITH

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 7:34 pm

resm wrote:You truly sound like one who has not the slightest Idea what Homeopathy is based on and surely has never tried to use one (the right way) when you could have needed one.
I repeat my earlier challenge:
It's very easily demonstrated that after the dilutions are done, homeopathic medicine consists of pure water. Nothing else. In other words, there is no mechanism known to science by which the potions you are paying big bucks for could do anything.

Maybe, just maybe, there is some supernatural or magical way in which homeopathic medicines do their thing. But there have been countless scientific studies comparing the effect of homeopathic medicine with placebos, and none of them have shown any difference between the two.
So tell me -- where, exactly, am I incorrect?

resm
Regular
Regular

Post by resm » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 7:13 am

jpatokal wrote:
resm wrote:You truly sound like one who has not the slightest Idea what Homeopathy is based on and surely has never tried to use one (the right way) when you could have needed one.
I repeat my earlier challenge:
It's very easily demonstrated that after the dilutions are done, homeopathic medicine consists of pure water. Nothing else. In other words, there is no mechanism known to science by which the potions you are paying big bucks for could do anything.

Maybe, just maybe, there is some supernatural or magical way in which homeopathic medicines do their thing. But there have been countless scientific studies comparing the effect of homeopathic medicine with placebos, and none of them have shown any difference between the two.
So tell me -- where, exactly, am I incorrect?
I have no intention to waste my time and continue argue with you.
Since you know how to use a computer, you can do your own (biased or unbiased) research on the net.

I picked one website for you that I came across and which to me sounds interesting:

http://oaks.nvg.org/re6ra14.html

As they say: the truth lies in eating the pudding, thats my philosophy.

I have eaten the pudding.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:46 pm

resm wrote:I have no intention to waste my time and continue argue with you.
In other words, you're sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la-la-la, I can't hear you, la-la-la"? Come on, my friend, if I'm so wrong can it be that hard to punch a hole in my argument?
I picked one website for you that I came across and which to me sounds interesting:

http://oaks.nvg.org/re6ra14.html
Oh, interesting indeed!
Dr Karin Lenger has detected magnetic photons in homeopathic potencies. She put to use a magnetic resonance method where various high-potencied homeopathic remedies were put in a strong magnetic field, and were found to resonate diffently - each remedy with its own magnetic resonance, or perhaps "oscillatory wave" explains it just as well. ... Because photons are magnetically bound with their characteristic properties, homeopathic remedies contain "information." This information is the homeopathic magnetic photon with its intrinsic electromagnetic wave packet and different frequencies transformed by the preparation ways (succussion) into higher frequencies at higher potencies.
:o :shock: :???:

Electromagnetics 101: Magnetism is composed of photons, and it's thus utterly nonsensical to say there is such as thing as a "magnetic photon". It's even stupider to say "characteristic properties" are "magnetically bound" to photons, since the photon is the simplest possible thing in the world(*): you can't bind anything to a photon, because photons are what bind things together.

Not that any of that actually matters, since magnetic resonance imaging works by exciting protons, which are entirely different from photons. Alas for Frau Lenger and you, protons are the easily detectable boring big bits of atoms, and we've already established that sufficiently diluted homeopathic potions do not contain even a single atom of the original stuff.

(*) ...unless we get into quantum chromodynamics and split the photon up into quarks and gluons, but I'll spare you.

Sanigoll

Doctor that also does homeopathic therapy

Post by Sanigoll » Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:21 pm

Hey there,
does anyone of you know a doctor in Singapore who also prescribes homepathic medicine? It has to be a medical doctor and not only a homeopathic practioner so that my insurance pays the treatment. Maybe somebody can help me out?!
Thomas

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:17 am

Isn't "GOOD homeopath" an oxymoron? Like "Military Intelligence" & "Microsoft Works"?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sanigoll

Post by Sanigoll » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:23 pm

This is not the point of this discussion....

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:23 pm

Sanigoll wrote:This is not the point of this discussion....
I'm on one level amazed by the sheer obstinacy of the homeopathy crowd in totally ignoring the fact that their therapy of choice is a provably useless complete waste of time and money... and on another level equally un-amazed that it's precisely this crowd that's into homeopathy! :?

resm
Regular
Regular

Post by resm » Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:50 pm

jpatokal wrote:
Sanigoll wrote:This is not the point of this discussion....
I'm on one level amazed by the sheer obstinacy of the homeopathy crowd in totally ignoring the fact that their therapy of choice is a provably useless complete waste of time and money... and on another level equally un-amazed that it's precisely this crowd that's into homeopathy! :?
why don't you just do your thing and let us smart people do ours ?

if you have never tried homeopathic medicine on yourself, then you are NOT QUALIFIED to judge.

there are millions of people out there all over the world who have used it with great success and so have I !!

now go away.

resm
Regular
Regular

Re: Doctor that also does homeopathic therapy

Post by resm » Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:47 am

Sanigoll wrote:Hey there,
does anyone of you know a doctor in Singapore who also prescribes homepathic medicine? It has to be a medical doctor and not only a homeopathic practioner so that my insurance pays the treatment. Maybe somebody can help me out?!
Thomas
It may be difficult to find a medical doctor who has the knowledge and experience to use homeopathic medicine here in Singapore.

Not like in Europe where it is very common already.

I know homeopathic doctors here in Singapore who charge S$ 10.- for a one time consultancy inclusive medicine.

That should not be to much to be paid out of your own pocket without bothering your Insurance ?