Singapore Expats

i need fats!

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
iza_ifa

i need fats!

Post by iza_ifa » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 4:16 pm

Hello world :)

I have been underweight since primary 6 (exactly 10 years ago from now).

i tried all sorts of ways to gain weight. eating weightgainers from gnc.. vitamins.. still to no avail. im exactly at 40kg now.. im tall. at 1.7m..
i think for a girl its too skinny.

can you recommend me anything that i can eat? i need some fats :(

astrogirl
Regular
Regular

Post by astrogirl » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:57 am

Everyday eat at least 1 burger/KFC (any fried chicken with skin on)/pizza/french fries/cheese/bread/potatoes

Local food, can choose chicken rice, laksa, cha kuey teow, chai tau kueh, kuey chap at least once a day.

Ice cream, milk shake, cakes and pastries after every meal. Drink coca-cola or any soda with each meal.

I think this can be done easily without being too unhealthy. But if you don't enjoy these types of food then it's difficult.
astrogirl

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 3:35 pm

A very common misapprehension; you think dietary fats and cholesterol make someone fat and render high cholesterol. Wrong. If you really would like to put on weight, then you should try to overload your body's ability to regulate it's insulin levels. How? Easy, sugars and high GI foods.

Some people and certain ethnic groups have a genetically selected tolerance to high GI foods, which really means that their insulin response is well regulated despite peaks caused by an excessive intake of sugar, and a corresponding inability to absorb dietary fats.

You need to break down your body's ability to regulate insulin properly; then you'll have trouble keeping weight off. Drink sweet beverages and eat sugary foods and you will eventually overload yourself.

Be warned that this sort of food consumption results in a body shape that most people find unappealing. Middle heavy.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

sachik

Post by sachik » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 2:26 pm

You need to take lot of Protein.

dudecfs

Post by dudecfs » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:04 pm

sachik wrote:You need to take lot of Protein.
yes, i do agree, protein will help to build up yr skeletal muscle mass and gain weight. dun think u wanna gain fats, it will create health hazzard!

cherieang

Post by cherieang » Tue, 06 Oct 2009 9:30 pm

Maybe you get some meal replacements drinks and drink it in between the meals. It will also help you to gain weight but in a healthy way. As meal replacement drink contain the neccessary nutrients for the body.

dudecfs

Post by dudecfs » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:54 am

cherieang wrote:Maybe you get some meal replacements drinks and drink it in between the meals. It will also help you to gain weight but in a healthy way. As meal replacement drink contain the neccessary nutrients for the body.

Yes I do agree with u. one of my frenz has began to gain weight (in terms of skeletal muscle mass) after taking Trimshake in between meals.

it was use a meal replacement for fat loss programme, to build muscles and reduce Kcal intake without compromising the nutrients intake.

Do not tempt to eat more food (like carbo) to gain weight. that will only help to gain fats which will create more health problem in near future ya

hoshinoakina

Post by hoshinoakina » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 4:10 pm

cherieang wrote:Maybe you get some meal replacements drinks and drink it in between the meals. It will also help you to gain weight but in a healthy way. As meal replacement drink contain the neccessary nutrients for the body.
agree! i'm underweight too and was told that whatever i eat, no nutrients will be absorbed. this spurred me to take a meal replacement drink which helped me to gain 2kg within 2 months! at the same time, my menses became regular and it also shaped up my body((:

dudecfs

gain weight

Post by dudecfs » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:10 pm

Good for u! Congrats!

twitty1437

Post by twitty1437 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:51 pm

don't always sleep late, quit smoking. These 2 things burn a lot of calories.
Fitness training visit: fitnfree.co.cc

hoshinoakina

Re: gain weight

Post by hoshinoakina » Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:55 am

dudecfs wrote:Good for u! Congrats!
thanks dudecfs((: