Singapore Expats Forum

Charity bins /stores

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Charity bins /stores

Postby ozchick » Sat, 12 Sep 2009 6:48 pm

So where does one find the ol' charity bin or store that wants pre-loved goods? Preferably near Holland Village but anywhere would do.
I'm doing a big clean-out and much of the shoes and clothes are as new, and I hate to throw them away when someone might want them.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

mrswkn
Regular
Regular

Postby mrswkn » Sun, 13 Sep 2009 5:46 am

deleted
Last edited by mrswkn on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonL

Postby simonL » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:10 pm

Hi, i think for clothes and shoes, you can bring it to salvation army donation bins? think the nearest one will be at IMM Open Car Park, No. 2 Jurong East Street 21 (beside the security guardhouse, unloading bay)

carteki
Editor
Editor

Re: Charity bins /stores

Postby carteki » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 2:02 pm

ozchick wrote:So where does one find the ol' charity bin or store that wants pre-loved goods? Preferably near Holland Village but anywhere would do.
I'm doing a big clean-out and much of the shoes and clothes are as new, and I hate to throw them away when someone might want them.

Hello, good to see that you are back. Are you leaving town permanently?

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 6:52 pm

carteki wrote:
ozchick wrote:So where does one find the ol' charity bin or store that wants pre-loved goods? Preferably near Holland Village but anywhere would do.

Nah nah you're not getting rid of me that easy Carteki! The maid recently commented to my Mum when she was visiting that "Mam has many shoes"
Mm...and Mam has lots of stuff that she never uses and it's taking up space but I'm taking it to the Salvos at an address in Bukit Merah and should then have a lot more storage space. Mm...and what could I put in there?! Maybe a TV that I need to hide :wink:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 7:00 pm

ozchick wrote:
carteki wrote:

Nah nah you're not getting rid of me that easy Carteki! The maid recently commented to my Mum when she was visiting that "Mam has many shoes"
Mm...and Mam has lots of stuff that she never uses and it's taking up space but I'm taking it to the Salvos at an address in Bukit Merah and should then have a lot more storage space. Mm...and what could I put in there?! Maybe a TV that I need to hide :wink:

I am surprised that your maid has not suggested sending it all to the Philippines. My maid sends boxes back periodically of all sorts of stuff.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 7:02 pm

A spring clean every now and again is always a good thing!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:19 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I am surprised that your maid has not suggested sending it all to the Philippines. My maid sends boxes back periodically of all sorts of stuff.

Perhaps the shoe size is a bit bigger than the shoe size of the rellies back home. :lol: (No offence meant to ozchick)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:00 am

Asian_Geekette wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I am surprised that your maid has not suggested sending it all to the Philippines. My maid sends boxes back periodically of all sorts of stuff.

Perhaps the shoe size is a bit bigger than the shoe size of the rellies back home. :lol: (No offence meant to ozchick)
No Offence Ozchick but have you been competing with the kangaroos :lol: Size 10 wow don't jump so high, and your arches wont get flattened. Actually its no joke, I used to be a size 43 when i was 30 years old, and because of all my jumping, I'm now a size 46, would ya believe it girl! :) :wink: Really don't know what to do, the didgeridoo doesn't seem to bat an eyelid or be interested in body building yet my feet are all for it!

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Sun, 20 Sep 2009 2:29 pm

ksl wrote:
Asian_Geekette wrote:

No Offence Ozchick but have you been competing with the kangaroos :lol: Size 10 wow don't jump so high, and your arches wont get flattened. Actually its no joke, I used to be a size 43 when i was 30 years old, and because of all my jumping, I'm now a size 46, would ya believe it girl! :) :wink: Really don't know what to do, the didgeridoo doesn't seem to bat an eyelid or be interested in body building yet my feet are all for it!

Yeah well I mentioned to the maid that she could take any shoes I've got but yeah she said they're too big. And I don't have big feet kayser and you other cheeky buggers! I am a size 8 (40) which is pretty average for an ozchick.
So I was gonn take the stuff to Bukit Merah 'til I looked at the map and it's nowhere near where I live. So where is this place SA SA ? that someone mentioned on this thread ? Apparently near Holland V but I don't recall seeing any charity bins or stores in this area. Any info? Have googled but nothing near Holland V that I can see.

mrswkn
Regular
Regular

Postby mrswkn » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 4:01 am

deleted
Last edited by mrswkn on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Mon, 21 Sep 2009 2:55 pm

mrswkn wrote:
ozchick wrote:So I was gonn take the stuff to Bukit Merah 'til I looked at the map and it's nowhere near where I live. So where is this place SA SA ? that someone mentioned on this thread ? Apparently near Holland V but I don't recall seeing any charity bins or stores in this area. Any info? Have googled but nothing near Holland V that I can see.

perhaps can call Salvation army at 6288 5438 or 6555 0188 to check their location and opening hours? they can pick up bulky item too.

Yeah done that. But they haven't got any location near here. I can't expect them to come here for a box of shoes and a few odds and ends. S'oright I'll just get a cab.

mrswkn
Regular
Regular

Postby mrswkn » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:44 am

deleted
Last edited by mrswkn on Wed, 17 Apr 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madura
Chatter
Chatter

Postby madura » Sun, 27 Sep 2009 12:52 pm

try SCWO's charity drop:
http://scwo.org.sg/wp/?page_id=130

Possible items to donate:

• Books, Stationary & Toys
• Household & Decorative items (e.g. Tea sets, Plates, Photo frames)
• Electrical Appliances (e.g. Radio, Hair dryer, TV, DVD Player, Laptops, Clocks)
• Men, Children, Ladies or Winter Clothing & Shoes
• Sports items (e.g. Roller blade, Golf set, tennis racquets)

Donations can be dropped off at the SCWO Centre, Lobby anytime. (Please label – ‘Donation for New2U’)