Singapore Expats Forum

Applying for PR with spouse option

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sarvanan79

Applying for PR with spouse option

Postby sarvanan79 » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 2:50 pm

Hi

I am staying in Singapore in EP (P2) for past one year now. I recently got married (Just 3 months back) in India and i have brought my wife here in DP. I am planning to apply for PR now. Can i apply for my spouse aswell. The reason behind this question is, people says that my PR request may get rejected because my wife has stayed in singapore only for 3 months. Please let me know if that matters...

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 3:26 pm

I think you applying together with your spouse would rather increase your chances as there is no real reason why you wouldn't both want to be PR. I think it would definitely work in your favour as it will also seem more likely to them that you will generate offspring soon which can serve NS in a few years time.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 5:45 pm

I gotta smile, LGM, as you are sounding more and more like me every day! :lol:

I would have to agree, a married couple, especially as both are from India wont be ingrained with the stop at one syndrome and could likely have 4 or more thereby helping to feed the war machine (that's never been tested - other than for humanitarian reasons like Tsunami's and such).

If your qualifications are good and you're already here on an EP I'd think you would probably have a good chance.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 5:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I gotta smile, LGM, as you are sounding more and more like me every day! :lol:

8-[

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 5:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I gotta smile, LGM, as you are sounding more and more like me every day! :lol: ...

Yeah I got the hang of it mate. I forgot how nice and efficient Singapore is. Last week I was gobsmacked when I was back. You can answer most of the questions yourself: What does the government(=ie the best for society) want/need and does my case contribute to their cause. Further people who want to avoid the duties that come with the benefits they are after just p1ss me off (a point where we are both pretty much on the same page).

Honestly I love this straight forwardness of Singapore. Saves time and money and if you want extras, work for them and earn them.

Best example: those mini-bonds. Only over 50s get them repaid at 100% from the government. That is correct. It would be nice if everybody got them repaid but the money has to come from somewhere... so in the end they have to raise taxes and you pay for it yourself. You know what I mean? People just have to accept that certain things are not possible and that you also have responsibilities as a full member of society.

sarvanan79

Postby sarvanan79 » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 7:12 pm

I would be more than happy to enroll my kids to serve in NS....

The reason why i have this question is... Most of them say, whoever appling for PR should have stayed in singapore for a minimum period (...like minimum 6 months / 1 year, I hope its true for most of the successful PR approval cases)... So i am bit worried about this belief...

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Postby littlegreenman » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 7:39 pm

sarvanan79 wrote:I would be more than happy to enroll my kids to serve in NS....

The reason why i have this question is... Most of them say, whoever appling for PR should have stayed in singapore for a minimum period (...like minimum 6 months / 1 year, I hope its true for most of the successful PR approval cases)... So i am bit worried about this belief...

Yes, you as the main applicant get more points if you have been staying in Singapore for a while already. If you have been there quite a while already though it might work against you as it might look like you only bother to apply now in the bad times but not when things were booming. So the worst case scenario is that they might reject your application and apply again in 6 months or a year. This is basically a test of your loyalty. So you have nothing to lose applying now and seeing what response you get. Don't worry about it.

sarvanan79

Postby sarvanan79 » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 2:37 pm

Last thursday i submitted the form, Waiting for the result :roll:

uc
Regular
Regular

Postby uc » Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:46 pm

sarvanan79 wrote:Last thursday i submitted the form, Waiting for the result :roll:

Just stay positive