Singapore Expats Forum

Visitor Entry pass

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

davidpjohnson

Visitor Entry pass

Postby davidpjohnson » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 9:15 am

Hi there,

I'm wanting to spend some time in Singapore visiting friends but have understood that the maximum length for a visitor stay is 30 days. I know this can be extended for a further 30 days but then I would have to leave and not return for 5 days.

So my questions are...

1. Does anyone know if I have to return to the country I came from for those 5 days or could I head to JB for example and then return?

2. If I head to JB after say 29 days from my first entry and then re-enter Singapore, will I be granted another 30 day stay? And if so, is there any issues with doing that on a rolling basis and hence stay for as long as I like?

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 9:19 am

Think you'll find it's 90 days now for a Social Visitor's Pass.

davidpjohnson

Postby davidpjohnson » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 9:37 am

Saint wrote:Think you'll find it's 90 days now for a Social Visitor's Pass.

There are conditions that I don't meet, so for me it's 60 days.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Visitor Entry pass

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 9:44 am

davidpjohnson wrote:2. If I head to JB after say 29 days from my first entry and then re-enter Singapore, will I be granted another 30 day stay? And if so, is there any issues with doing that on a rolling basis and hence stay for as long as I like?

You might get 30 days or you might get only 14 days. After that, if you try it again, you might get 3 days to gather your belonging and depart the country with a ban on re-entry for a period of time. Immigration is wise to people trying to live here without visible means of support or suitable immigration status. Additionally, you will find it hard to do any banking and you will not be allow to rent other than suitable hotels, hostels, or Serviced Apartments which are expensive hotels.

We've seen it time and time again. Back in the '80's & '90's I used to do it as well, but eventually that was closed up due to the numbers of us that used to do it while working in the Oilfield throughout the region.

To put it bluntly, don't start and it will be a bad ending.

davidpjohnson

Re: Visitor Entry pass

Postby davidpjohnson » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:01 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: <edit>

We've seen it time and time again. Back in the '80's & '90's I used to do it as well, but eventually that was closed up due to the numbers of us that used to do it while working in the Oilfield throughout the region.

To put it bluntly, don't start and it will be a bad ending.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. Had a friend who used to do this way back and just wondered if it was still an option.

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Postby morenangpinay » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:47 am

you can but its a risk.. like sms said.