Singapore Expats

Tips on losing weight ( lots of weight ).

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 7:08 pm

WORKOUT that's the best way to lose weight the right way and write down everything you eat...

lovelyJen

Post by lovelyJen » Sun, 31 Jan 2010 8:06 am

wow.. sounds like i need to follow this tread!

thefashionloft

Post by thefashionloft » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 4:15 pm

I lost weight and fats by using infrared sauna. Try google on portable infrared sauna. it work wonders but self discipline is the most important.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 4:49 pm

There is a new sucker born every minute! :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the_playful_prince

Lose weight

Post by the_playful_prince » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 2:35 pm

If you want to loose weight follow these

1) Eat fresh cooked vegetables. More green leafy vegetables, less wheat products - less pasta, bread
2) Avoid more of dairy products - reduce any dairy product - also yogurt
3) Avoid drinking beer
4) Do occasional fasting - avoid snacking between meals
5) Dinner potion should be lesser than lunch
6) Eat fresh fruits
7) Do not sleep more than 6-7 hours per day
8) Prepare and eat the below soup for lunch and dinner and whenever you feel hungry

GREEN MUNG BEAN SOUP

Preparation time: About 45 minutes start to finish, plus soaking

Ingredients:
1 cup whole green mung beans – soaked overnight
½ tsp. ground coriander
4 cups water
1½ tsp. chopped ginger root
1 tbs. sunflower oil
½ tsp. fresh garlic – chopped
½ tsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. salt
1 pinch. asafoetida (called hing in Asian stores)
1½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 bay leaf (optional)
1 tsp. raw sugar cane or jaggery (available in Indian grocery stores)
½ tsp. turmeric
1 pinch garam masala powder (optional - prefer not to use this)
½ tsp. ground cumin

Directions:

1. Soak the mung beans overnight in water.
2. Drain and wash the beans two times with fresh water.
3. Cook beans in a pressure cooker with 3 cups water until tender. It takes around 25 minutes, according to your pressure cooker. If you do not own a pressure cooker, bring the beans to a boil, and then simmer for 60-90 minutes, until the beans have been broken.
4. Heat the oil in large deep saucepan and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds pop, add asafoetida, bay leaf and stir.
5. Add the spice mixture to the cooked beans
6. Add 1 cup water, bring to a boil and add all remaining spices. Simmer for a few minutes more.

I bet you will reduce weight in 1 months time if you follow these strictly

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:08 pm

albertbertina wrote:you are great, but case is different,i m little lazy whole day i set do nothing what is advice for me to loss weight.
Pretty simple. Do nothing=Eat nothing! What do you need all the energy 4 anyway? Or have a calrific intake of less than 1750kcals a day-that wud just abt cover your metabolic needs!
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Lose weight

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:25 pm

the_playful_prince wrote:If you want to loose weight follow these

1) Eat fresh cooked vegetables. More green leafy vegetables, less wheat products - less pasta, bread -True also less rice/potatoes
2) Avoid more of dairy products - reduce any dairy product -True- also yogurt -False
3) Avoid drinking beer -True
4) Do occasional fasting -False - fasting will slow down weight loss- avoid snacking between meals -True but a piece of fruit or some cheese is okay - things made with flour products are not
5) Dinner potion should be lesser than lunch -True
6) Eat fresh fruits -True
7) Do not sleep more than 6-7 hours per day -False
8) Prepare and eat the below soup for lunch and dinner and whenever you feel hungry -Not necessary
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dancingking

Post by dancingking » Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:38 am

yeah djshark, did u managed to lose weight in the end?

shalamazoo

Post by shalamazoo » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 2:47 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Have you read through the following thread to see just what my program did for me?

I am a new Man! \:D/

I started it on January 13th, 2008. I finished it on 16 June 2008 and lost a total of 25 kg from obese to normal bmi in 22 weeks. I've been finished the programme now for over 14 months and today I weigh around 2kg more than my finish weight and fluctuate between my finish weight and +2.5 kg.

sms
Hi Sunday:
please post the link you were referring to?
need to get back into good health fast.

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 8:07 am

I don't have a lot of weight to throw around here because I've never been overweight. I'm a farmboy, so my childhood was full of a lot of raw milk and cream and breakfasts of champions (two fried eggs straight from the chook house, a tonne of butter, bacon and fried bread with lard), pickles, conserves, chutney and seasonal access to the best blackberry patch in the world.

The first thing you should do though, is find out what type of metabolism you have. Jumping onto a diet that your body is not set up to thrive on is a sure recipe for failure. The bottom line is: Don't fight your body, go with it.

Beyond that try "Raw food," "Sequential eating," "Specific Carbohydrate Diet," and try to get the idea that fat is bad for you completely out of your head. Your brain is packed with lipids(fats), as is the rest of your organs if they are healthy. Fat is not the enemy.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 8:37 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

1) Eat fresh cooked vegetables. More green leafy vegetables, less wheat products - less pasta, bread -True also less rice/potatoes
2) Avoid more of dairy products - reduce any dairy product -True- also yogurt -False
4) Do occasional fasting -False - fasting will slow down weight loss- avoid snacking between meals -True but a piece of fruit or some cheese is okay - things made with flour products are not
8) Prepare and eat the below soup for lunch and dinner and whenever you feel hungry -Not necessary
I have to disagree with the fasting line. It is true that fasting will slow down weight loss in the short term, no contention. However it is also true that a bicyclist slows down when he changes gears, but the end result is that he moves faster.

I personally fast around 18 hours a day. Most people naturally fast ten hours if they have breakfast and get a good nights sleep. I eat my food sequentially in the morning with the aim of digesting and hopefully voiding before I go to sleep. This removes a large hormonal strain on the body and also focuses awareness on removing putrefying waste matter from the colon in a timely matter.

Fasting is practised incorrectly by most people. It is common for a person to eat his last meal with little care and then go cold turkey for several days. The result is that with no fibre moving through the digestive system his last meal becomes a toxic source of headaches and enervation in his colon for the duration.

Anyone curious as to why he should literally get shit out of his body as quickly as possible should read "The prolongation of life" by Elie Metchnikoff. Published around 1930, so it is available free around the internet as a pdf.

shalamazoo

Post by shalamazoo » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 9:49 am

SunWuKong wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

I have to disagree with the fasting line. It is true that fasting will slow down weight loss in the short term, no contention. However it is also true that a bicyclist slows down when he changes gears, but the end result is that he moves faster.

I personally fast around 18 hours a day. Most people naturally fast ten hours if they have breakfast and get a good nights sleep. I eat my food sequentially in the morning with the aim of digesting and hopefully voiding before I go to sleep. This removes a large hormonal strain on the body and also focuses awareness on removing putrefying waste matter from the colon in a timely matter.

Fasting is practised incorrectly by most people. It is common for a person to eat his last meal with little care and then go cold turkey for several days. The result is that with no fibre moving through the digestive system his last meal becomes a toxic source of headaches and enervation in his colon for the duration.

Anyone curious as to why he should literally get shit out of his body as quickly as possible should read "The prolongation of life" by Elie Metchnikoff. Published around 1930, so it is available free around the internet as a pdf.
SWK

I would love to hear more, as I am male, 49 yrs old, been a diabetic since early 30's, 183 lbs, 5' 11", my doctor say i should be around 165 lbs. work in the F&B industry, want to push myself to get off the drug dependents, and live a healthier life

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:00 pm

SWK, having been formerly obese, and having been down both roads, I have now maintained my new weight coming up on two years now. I've never fasted and my health is still as good as it was when I finished my programme. From the way I see it, it's 25 kg gone for good and added about 20 years probably to my life (now can go till I'm 155 according to V.). So, I'll just agree to disagree. Fasting may work but I do not think it's healthy in the long term. Been there, done that. (going long 10-18 hours stretches is what got me obese in the first place) :wink:

SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Sat, 20 Mar 2010 6:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:SWK, having been formerly obese, and having been down both roads, I have now maintained my new weight coming up on two years now. I've never fasted and my health is still as good as it was when I finished my programme. From the way I see it, it's 25 kg gone for good and added about 20 years probably to my life (now can go till I'm 155 according to V.). So, I'll just agree to disagree. Fasting may work but I do not think it's healthy in the long term. Been there, done that. (going long 10-18 hours stretches is what got me obese in the first place) :wink:
:D I knew we would SMS.

@shalamazoo: I'm no evangelist and I wouldn't dare try to tell you how your body works. From the fact that you are in F&B I'd say that you probably just don't have enough time to look after number one. At the end of the day the best suggestion I can make is for you to try everything as scientifically as you can and keep a diary.

ksanty

Post by ksanty » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 4:50 pm

I believe I now have anough posts to PM SMS. Yay!