Singapore Expats Forum

normallife

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

european

normallife

Postby european » Tue, 03 Feb 2004 1:50 am

Could any expat give me an estimate what a 'normal' salary on local terms means in Singapore?
Currently I am earning about 70.000 Euro per annum + company car and a of which 50% ( highest level ) is taxed.
I have read a ratio comparison 100EUR eguals to 108 in Singapore.

Appartment expenses are incalculated on app 1500 Sgd.

Thx for the insight info

Rgds

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:39 pm

"Normal" for what job, how much experience, etc? It's not possible to compress cost of living differences into a single number. Eg. taxes, food and public transport are cheap in Singapore compared to most places, while cars and housing are expensive compared to most places.

But if you get a S$140K salary taxed at 15%, a company car and a S$1500/mo housing allowance (which probably will not be enough if you have a family and want to live in the center though), I would say you are doing very, very well by Singapore standards and will live much better than you can in Europe.

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed, 04 Feb 2004 9:29 am

Local terms will generally NOT include a company car or housing allowance. You should expect relocation, salary, medical.

Locals generally do not get the other perks unless they are high up in the executive ranks.

Hard to compare Europe to Asia.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Postby donno » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 9:23 pm

Harry wrote:Local terms will generally NOT include a company car or housing allowance. You should expect relocation, salary, medical.

Locals generally do not get the other perks unless they are high up in the executive ranks.

Hard to compare Europe to Asia.
10 April 2006

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”