Singapore Expats Forum

Photography buddies?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Jessica16

Photography buddies?

Postby Jessica16 » Sat, 29 Aug 2009 8:59 pm

Hello,

Been in Singapore for 1 year now, but looking for some people interested in exploring the city with their DSLR's. Just purchased my first one and would love to learn more about all its features without having to pay for a course. Anyone interested in helping me out with some photography tips?

I work full-time as a teacher so would only be able to do this on evenings and weekends.

titinalee

Postby titinalee » Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:51 am

Hey if you want , i will introduce my friends to you ^^ They also go out for taking photos at weekends!
I like photography too :) but I have not enough money to buy camera so i always go to take photos with my friends :P

zackisarobot

Hello!

Postby zackisarobot » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 9:56 am

Hello!

Nice to meet you :) Wow, so you just got your first dslr! Such exciting times! I am sure you will enjoy every moment playing around with it. I've been to a couple of courses some time ago and have been hanging out with a bunch of guys taking pictures all over the shop. Would love to help you out.

Drop me a line :)

zackisarobot@gmail.com

DesertPhoenix

Postby DesertPhoenix » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 2:41 pm

Hey! :) I'm a newbie to photography.. caught the bug after I bought my dslr camera but am hooked now! I've been to a course and some shoots around the region. If ur getting together for a shoot, I'd love to join in. Email me at dsrtphoenix@gmail.com. Cheers!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:27 pm

Hello!

Also just bought a DSLR and would love to go and shoot stuff. Maybe we can organize a walking shoot in this board? FYI, I work almost regular office hours.

Cheers

Jessica16

Postby Jessica16 » Wed, 02 Sep 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks to all those who replied! Since I am unable to PM - Zackisarobot: would like to know more about how often or what times you and your friends usually shoot? Maybe I can join, along with the others in this chat.

Away this weekend but would like to start something up for next weekend if possible - my email is jesscampbell16@hotmail.com - looking forward to starting up a little photography course of our own!

sweetpea417

hi

Postby sweetpea417 » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:33 am

hi jessica,

im into photography as well. perhaps we can meet up and i can introduce you to my friends who are into photography as well. we usually meet up on weekends to practice and learn from each other about photography.

let me know if you're free to meet up.

Cheers!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 04 Sep 2009 1:06 pm

Hello, all,

A friend forwarded this to me (Army Open House):
a very interesting event to go to. http://www.mindef.gov.sg/aoh09/

What to expect?

BIG things, Air and Land stuff.

If I remb correctly, lens is limited to max 300mm ( they never mention you cannot bring a 2x multiplier)

Lots of stuff to shoot there, pun intended. I'll try to go this Saturday after a paintball thing we have, probably after 5 pm. If not, Sunday.

zackisarobot

hello friends!

Postby zackisarobot » Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:07 am

Hello friends :D

Hows everyone doing? Good I hope! There's a newly opened park at diary farm road (near bukit timah nature reserve), Diary Farm Nature Park : http://butterflycircle.blogspot.com/200 ... ature.html. I was thinking of perhaps meeting up for some coffee afternoon-ish or evening-ish this thursday 10 Sep then hanging around the place and taking some nice pictures :)

Anyone wanna come? I think it'll be quite interesting :)

(Sorry i cant pm anyone so you may drop me a line at zackisarobot@gmail.com)

Jessica16

Postby Jessica16 » Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:24 pm

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it's been a while for this thing to get together. Wasn't able to make it out to the park this evening, but if anyone is interested in going to dairy farm nature park (does anyone know why it is named this?) on Saturday afternoon, I will be there. We can all meet around 3pm. If you're interested, send me an email and I will set up a mailing list with a good place to meet (any suggestions? I am not from that area of the city).

Looking forward to some great photo-taking!

jesscampbell16@hotmail.com

maderamon

Postby maderamon » Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:09 am

would love to join you guys for a shoot. ;)

d1rk

Postby d1rk » Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:55 pm

Hi!
I bought my first DSLR last Friday here in Singapore. I am here for one year to study at NTU. I would really like to join your group ;)

My mail: dirk86[at]gmx.net
The [at] = @ ! Just for the web crawlers ^^.

meetmeat10pm

Postby meetmeat10pm » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 3:50 pm

Hello Jessica,
Please count me on for the photograhy session, I will be using my canon DSLR 1000D

Thanks
Last edited by meetmeat10pm on Sun, 28 Nov 2010 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am simple free going male expat looking for open minded females and male freinds for various activities of interests

Jessica16

Postby Jessica16 » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 8:04 pm

Thinking that with next weekend being the long weekend and the following being the F1 we should probably plan something mid-week. I'm thinking Tuesday, Sept.22 at 5pm we meet for some street photography this time. Anyone interested in walking through Chinatown?? We'd probably have a good couple of hours before it gets dark and then for anyone interested in night photography could stay out a little longer.

send me a reply with your email if you are interested in being on the mailing list - or let me know if you'll be there - Chinatown - Tuesday - 5pm.

See you there!

meetmeat10pm

Postby meetmeat10pm » Wed, 16 Sep 2009 9:41 pm

Hello thanks
Last edited by meetmeat10pm on Sun, 28 Nov 2010 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.