Singapore Expats Forum

applying for EPEC

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bex_140

applying for EPEC

Postby bex_140 » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 4:47 am

Hi

On the MOM website, EPEC application section it states "You should apply only when you are ready to come to Singapore"

Can anyone share their experience of how long this takes? I am planning on coming to singapore at the end of october - should i be applying for this now?

thanks in advance for any advice

Rebecca

haydens31

EPEC

Postby haydens31 » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:13 am

Rebecca,

I am moving to Singapore with my girlfriend end of Oct and she has just applied for an EPEC. It took just over 12 days as there was a request for her to resubmit her degree certificate (resolution was not good enough)

I am then under the impression that it takes 4 weeks to receive the hard copy.

She then received a approved e mail from MOM with the following added. She will then apply for a LTVSP online when we arrive.

Useful Information: 1. You may wish to note that if you come from a visa-required country, you will have to obtain a visa to enter Singapore. For more information, please refer to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority's (ICA) website (www.ica.gov.sg). 2. The application for a 1-year Social Visit Pass to facilitate your job search in Singapore can be submitted: - Online via ICA's website [Select 'Online Application for Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-Pass)' under 'E-Services']; or - Using hardcopy application form [Form can be downloaded from ICA's website]. We wish you all the best in your job search.

Good Luck and hope this helps

Hayden

bex_140

EPEC info

Postby bex_140 » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:19 am

Hi Hayden

Thank you for your reply, its really useful to hear from people going through the same process. We are moving over from the UK and October is starting to feel just around the corner! Better get on with the application!

All the best with your move.
Rebecca :)