Singapore Expats Forum

2012, The Dream Ticket to slay Obama

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

2012, The Dream Ticket to slay Obama

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 8:22 pm

I know it's a bit early but it seems that some issues are coming to a head already. In my never-ending quest to bring intelligent and worthwhile threads and commentary to Sexpats I bring you:

Talk-show host Sean Hannity, a vocal opponent of Barack Obama's policies, said today he would not rule out a bid for the presidency in 2012.

Egged on by radio colleague Bill Cunningham, Hannity said he would consider entering the front lines of the political fray if God directs him.

And then there’s this,…………

A new analysis by Public Policy Polling (D) finds that Sarah Palin is especially popular with a key Republican demographic: The Birthers.

Among those respondents in PPP's latest national poll who either said that President Obama was not born in the United States or were undecided, Palin had a 66% favorability rating. Of the other three Republicans that were tested in the poll, Mike Huckabee was in second place at 58%, then Newt Gingrich with 46%, and Mitt Romney was last with only 43% favorability.

Hannity, Palin, Gingrich considered by Repubs as candidates in 2012.

http://firedoglake.com/2009/08/25/oh-pl ... ot-really/

That's it then, no matter which side of the political divide one stands . . . when God supports someone and his partner speaks in tongue to her congregation . . . you have the devil and the deep blue sea.

Were I Obama: Image

'nuff said Image

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 8:43 pm

My husband is on record, if Palin is elected in 2012, he'll renounce his US citizenship. :roll:

If Obama can't turn the economy around so Americans can continue with their gluttonous consumerism, a Republican will be elected. Nevermind that no one can fix a problem in four years that took 40 years to create.

The religious right has twisted the Constitution is a way that has made is unrecognizable, and all in the name of patriotism. It makes me sick.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 8:49 pm

Well... if God has directed him who am I to intervene?

After all, who would Jesus torture?

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Postby cbavasi » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 8:51 pm

road.not.taken wrote:My husband is on record, if Palin is elected in 2012, he'll renounce his US citizenship. :roll:

If Obama can't turn the economy around so Americans can continue with their gluttonous consumerism, a Republican will be elected. Nevermind that no one can fix a problem in four years that took 40 years to create.

The religious right has twisted the Constitution is a way that has made is unrecognizable, and all in the name of patriotism. It makes me sick.

amen.

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 9:06 pm

road.not.taken wrote:My husband is on record, if Palin is elected in 2012, he'll renounce his US citizenship. :roll:

:shock: .............but then who could blame him.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:52 am

Plavt wrote:

:shock: .............but then who could blame him.

If he's any good at ping pong, Singapore would have him??

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:18 am

And that's the worry, isn't it, road.not.taken. People vote not mainly according to their political beliefs in general but according to several single-issue needs and wants.

You are quite right in that if the economy doesn't rebound Obama will face trouble as the US is so used to spending big and living a rather lavish lifestyle with all the trappings.

I would think that this is probably a good time for a credible third party to start being formed . . . and it's not the Libertarians.

'nuff said Image

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Thu, 27 Aug 2009 5:46 am

The big H has been getting a bit whacko jacko every since the election. Now he's hearing voices (I mean God) in his head.Obama FTW.
Be Like Water

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bigfilsing » Mon, 31 Aug 2009 9:02 pm

i would strongly urge you to download the episodes of the Daily SHow with John Stuart. SOme of the reporters on US TV are clearly loosing their minds.

What is interesting is in a recent legal case a father was charged with murder for allowing his daughter to die by denying her medical treament and simply praying at her side as he was convinced the lord would save her. Therefore , at least in American legal terms, the lord can not be taken into consideration.

And isn't hearing voices in your head ( like the one telling me now i'll regret this post) the first sign of insanity ... :evil:

chip

Postby chip » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 2:09 pm

"My husband is on record, if Palin is elected in 2012, he'll renounce his US citizenship."

As mediocre as Palin is, I think she would have done a better job than Obama. The US is on the fast track to insolvency, foreign policy is amateur hour, and only the truly ridiculous would try to shove health 'reform' through in the two weeks before the Congressional recess.

"The religious right has twisted the Constitution is a way that has made is unrecognizable, and all in the name of patriotism. It makes me sick.'

The constitution can only be amended by Congress, and that is hardly in the hands of the religious right. Constitutional law is interpreted by the Courts, again, hardly a whiff of religion evident.

Too many people have intellectually knee jerk reactions to tropes like Palin's alleged stupidity and the bugbear of religion.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 4:02 pm

chip wrote:As mediocre as Palin is, I think she would have done a better job than Obama.

Dude, you dropped your Image

'nuff said Image

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 4:41 pm

chip wrote:"My husband is on record, if Palin is elected in 2012, he'll renounce his US citizenship."

As mediocre as Palin is, I think she would have done a better job than Obama. The US is on the fast track to insolvency, foreign policy is amateur hour, and only the truly ridiculous would try to shove health 'reform' through in the two weeks before the Congressional recess.

"The religious right has twisted the Constitution is a way that has made is unrecognizable, and all in the name of patriotism. It makes me sick.'

The constitution can only be amended by Congress, and that is hardly in the hands of the religious right. Constitutional law is interpreted by the Courts, again, hardly a whiff of religion evident.

Too many people have intellectually knee jerk reactions to tropes like Palin's alleged stupidity and the bugbear of religion.

I was at first strongly prompted to write a diatribe but I will leave it at this: Only a moron could actually think that Palin could be any kind of President. She would be a complete travesty. As Vaucluse noted... what's you smokin'?

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 8:27 pm

Look out boys, she's scheduled to speak in Hong Kong soon. Her first trip to Asia. She's definitely padding her resume... :roll:

Too bad the shoe thrower is in prison. Are there any volunteers?

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 9:29 pm

alleged?

chip wrote:Too many people have intellectually knee jerk reactions to tropes like Palin's alleged stupidity and the bugbear of religion.

it's still just a bit early to declare any failures here yet, and strikes me as fodder for the pundits, compare this to the last administration
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Tue, 01 Sep 2009 9:30 pm

would be expensive throwing Blahniks though

road.not.taken wrote:Look out boys, she's scheduled to speak in Hong Kong soon. Her first trip to Asia. She's definitely padding her resume... :roll:

Too bad the shoe thrower is in prison. Are there any volunteers?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape