Singapore Expats Forum

CEROC?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
nathantr

CEROC?

Postby nathantr » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 8:06 am

Hi all,

Saw a few other threads about this but they were a bit too old.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any CEROC classes at all. Picked it up in Sydney and London and now that Im here for a stretch I have got to get back into it. Not too interested in West Coast Swing (Ive heard its way more complicated than CEROC). Surely there must be someone somewhere on this island teaching CEROC.

Nathan

ldybug

CEROC!

Postby ldybug » Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:42 am

Hi Nathan
I picked up ceroc in New Zealand, relocated to Singapore in late July and have failed to find anyone doing ceroc here. I've resorted to salsa lessons!

We should get some people together and start a class.......!

Cheers
Melanie
"those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~ Roald Dahl

nathantr

Re: CEROC!

Postby nathantr » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:24 pm

ldybug wrote:Hi Nathan
I picked up ceroc in New Zealand, relocated to Singapore in late July and have failed to find anyone doing ceroc here. I've resorted to salsa lessons!

We should get some people together and start a class.......!

Cheers
Melanie

you're telling me, although wed probably need a teacher first :-)

someone told me one of the reasons it may not have taken off here is you actually need to pay a fee to the CEROC head office in the UK to use the name CEROC (as its basically a franchise). Which is pretty lame if theyve patented a dance.

ldybug

Postby ldybug » Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:29 pm

Indeed.... I never understood why it must differentiate itself so. Wonder if there is a way to dance it here -- perhaps we can do that sometime? I know it's a bit of an odd thing to suggest online with no faces before us - so if you are uncomfortable with it, I understand!! I am 23 and I am Singaporean, though I haven't lived here for long.

Perhaps somehow we might find other closet ceroc-ers then, somehow somewhere!
"those who don't believe in magic will never find it" ~ Roald Dahl

nathantr

Postby nathantr » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 8:43 am

ldybug wrote:Indeed.... I never understood why it must differentiate itself so. Wonder if there is a way to dance it here -- perhaps we can do that sometime? I know it's a bit of an odd thing to suggest online with no faces before us - so if you are uncomfortable with it, I understand!! I am 23 and I am Singaporean, though I haven't lived here for long.

Perhaps somehow we might find other closet ceroc-ers then, somehow somewhere!

Sure, why don't we discuss over email. I am pretty busy these days though so it's more about finding time than anything else :-) This silly system here won't let you PM unless you reach a certain level of posts :P.

Anyway nathantr at gmail.com if you can email.

melomane

Postby melomane » Sun, 19 Sep 2010 7:47 am

Hi all,

there is a ceroc group going that are running classes on a irregular basis. Just look up ceroc singapore in google and it should lead you to their website.

Cheers
:D

Return to “Events, Gatherings, Making Friends”