Singapore Expats Forum

Help!!!! EPEC approved for girlfriend.LTSVP & return flight?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
haydens31

Help!!!! EPEC approved for girlfriend.LTSVP & return fli

Postby haydens31 » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:46 pm

Hi everyone,

Well I am landing in Singapore on the 23rd October having arranged a permanent move with the company I work for. All sorted with a visa thank goodness and can't wait!!!

My girlfriend has just been approved with an EPEC and it appears that she now applies for a LTSVP.

1. Can she apply for this online now or is it best to sort this out when she arrives in Singapore and then can dovetail the medical etc. Bit worried that she will only have 30 days visit so timescales are tight if we start LTSVP process when we arrive.

2. Does she need to buy a return ticket even though the job hunting is going well so far with her contacts, however appreciate that there is no guarantee. Having read a number of message boards, if she has an EPEC and medical goes well, relevant supporting documentation. it is rarely not granted.

3. On entry do they even check whether you have a return ticket. I have been a couple of times before and this has never been asked for, however, that maybe just luck!!!

Thanks for your help

Hayden

Mr Bond

Postby Mr Bond » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 9:26 am

1/ Your company should be able to apply for the LTSVP for your girlfriend once she's in Singapore.

2/ Based on my experience you will need to buy a return ticket or you won't be able to board the plane to Singapore. Check with the airline before you buy and you should be able to get a full refund on the ticket within so many days.

3/ They didn't check when I arrived, but then who's to say they won't check the next person.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 9:43 am

You can actually file for the LTSVP online if you already have the EPEC.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=172&secid=171

sms