Singapore Rental Accomodation with Pets?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
thebigkahuna

Post by thebigkahuna » Sat, 22 Aug 2009 2:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if some kind person could give me some advice on how to find accomodation that allows pets.

My wife and I have a 7 year old Weimerana who will be coming with us if we move to singapore.

We would love to live centrally near the cbd in a large Serviced Apartment with our dog but are wondering if this is possible or unrealistic.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on where to start or experience dealing with companies, websites or real estate agents that could help us with pet friendly rental accomodation.

Grateful for any assistance here.

Thanks

Alex

Singapore Property Search

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 10

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Aug 2009 3:44 pm

First of all, large dogs are not allowed in HDB flats so we can rule them out at the get go! I assume it's a large mixed breed dog because if it's a Weimaraner you don't know how to spell your dog's breed. If it's a mixed breed then it may well be a smaller dog and much more acceptable. There are lots of people here with Labs, Golden Retrievers, Alsatians, but most live in landed property, or cluster housing.

Condos, while most are pet friendly, would be on a case by case basis with regard to large dogs.

Landed property is your best bet especially with a dog the size of a Weimaraner. Other than that, as it's a short-haired breed (again, I'm assuming it's not the long haired breed) it will not have any problems here in this climate. But as it's a working dog, it needs to be run regularly and not cooped up in an apartment day in and day out.

Where to start? Have you bothered to click the link at the top of the page? The tab directly above the orange Singapore Expats Forum? The one that says Search Property?This site is hosted by a rather large real estate portal. That's the best place to start.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

thebigkahuna

Post by thebigkahuna » Sat, 22 Aug 2009 4:29 pm

Thank you SMS for the information much appreciated.

Our dog is a short haired Weimaraner which also made me believe he shouldnt have too many problems with the climate there hopefully.

I've been looking through the site sponsored property section to get an idea for what's out there and learning as I go. I hadn't come across too many hits for pet friendly residences but its early days yet.

katetherate

Post by katetherate » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 8:27 am

Have you tried Great World City Serviced Apartments?
Apparently they allow pets. Not sure how big their apartments are, though.

StockAnswer

Post by StockAnswer » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:03 pm

We live in a condo (Tropical Springs in Simei) and purchased a Maltese a few months after moving in. In our case the landlady had nothing against that although a Maltese is of course a very small dog.

On another hand the condo is quite strict regarding the areas where dogs are allowed. So when we walk the dog we do it outside the condo area.

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carolynW » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 9:19 pm

We have a Weim too, I think he prefers the cold to the heat. He seems to be alot less active here... and more skin problems.

Because of him, we have to live in a landed property... he had another weim friend that did live in an apartment, I believe its up to the landlord.

Anyone catching the William Wegman show at the cookie cutter production gallery in Sept?

thebigkahuna

Post by thebigkahuna » Tue, 25 Aug 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks everyone for the helpful info here. Great world city apartments do take pets which is a good starting point at least before we start looking for a more perm residence somewhere.